Return new MQ Quart coaxs for components?

I purchased a pair of 5x7 coax for my fronts and 6 1/2 coax for the rears, both MB Quart, and to be powered off my Pioneer 740MP.

I was going to get the DSD216's for the front, but they cost nearly $100 more. But many people seem to recommend foregoing the rears and getting better fronts. I know the components would sound better, and I would like to move the tweeters higher up the doors.

My question is, would the 22RMS of radio power be able to power the components until I get an amp, and would this be a decent setup until I get a sub and amp? Will they fit in the front doors?

Also, what would be a good amp to compliment the 216's?

They'll be fine. MB Quart is great I have seen The PSC series run off of a Nak deck before, obviously better than Pioneer but no matter, and they sounded fine. Becarfule about moving around Quart tweeters they are designed to be very wide dispersment and very bright. What kind of amps were you looking at? I would recommend going with a reputable brand such as, JL, Kicker, Xtant, Alpine, Pheonix Gold, Orion, PPI. About 30 watts rms per channel would be nice, although you can run alot more with a good amp. I powered my old 5 1/4 components with 200 watts rms each of of an Alpine F505. Also be advised that quarts are also well known for about the least low bass output, so if you not going to do a sub you might not be happy.

1st,

I did the swap and got the components instead. I may just run the back stock speakers off the raio just for a bit of fill for when the kids are in the car.

I also bought a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 400.4 amp to run the components and bridge the rear channels for the sub when it arrives. The birth sheet showed 223w per channel @ 2ohms, so it should be fine.

The Quart's better not be like Infinity because they are way too bright for my liking. I am going to play with tweeter placement prior to final mounting.

This was supposed to be a simple radio swap that has turned into a full system. Darn it:mad:

Not sure with the D series but most all quarts I've heard are basicly the brightest tweets on the market. The system configuration sounds good. Props on the amp, Pheonix RULES!, If I worked for a PG dealer I would be running their amps in a second.

Back