Probably leaving the community

kcagle

Though I was very excited about owning a Mazdaspeed Protege, I just couldn't wait...

Over the weekend I found a '97 Integra Type R. My dream car. If everything goes right I will be driving it within the month. I'm glad I was able to contribute. I will keep y'all posted though, b/c nothing is written in stone yet.

I can feel you on the 97 ITR, those are gems. If I found one and the pricing/condition/milage were good. I'd definately ditch my MP3 for it. I got the chance to drive a 97 while I was living in Michigan and WOW, those are very quick, capable vehicles. Good luck man

I can pass this ladies info to you. She's in Pennsylvania.
I gave up on her b/c she's stalling and I need things to work like clockwork b/c I'm traveling far to get it. (white ITR 45k miles asking $15500)

I got a reply from another guy that I wanted his car much more than I did the ITR, but he was awaiting deposit from another. His buyer flaked last night, so he called me. Its a '96 GSR running JR Supercharger and ALL the engine management modifications available. I am flying Friday to get it from him. This is one sweet ride.

That's ironic, because I sold my ITR to get the P5! What a big switch!! I needed something with room and an automatic (dont ask!!), and will be commuting. Anyways, to sum things up, the ITR is probably IMO the best car of the 90s hands down. It was fast, handled like an F1 fighter, and with a few mods could definately hold its own against the big boys in a straight line (Mustang GTs, etc). I miss it like you wouldnt believe... if I could do it again, I would have bought the fiance a bus pass!!!! :D

Im just glad that I was fortunate enough to drive one for years... what damn good years I must add.

Im probably going to take out a loan and pick up another one. I dream about my old one every night, seriously.

Its official. I couldn't resist. I flew to Orlando early Friday morning and drove it back to Louisiana that night. I was back by 9am Saturday.

This car is unbelievable!!! My dad about pooped his pants when I took him for a ride in it...

I haven't dyno'd it or anything yet, but the guy I got it from did an amazing job of putting it together. Its probably ~250hp at the wheels. I have never driven anything like it before. I already have plans for what I'm going to do to it to finish fixing it up. Here's what's already installed:
Jackson Racing Supercharger
3.8" 8lb blower pulley
Walboro 317 in tank fuel pump
RC Engineering 370cc injectors
Apex-i V-AFC custom mounted behind plexi
AEM Cold Air Intake(modified for blower)
AEM Cam gears (dialed to zero since the blower was installed)
AEM Underdrive pulley
B&M CommandFlo
B&M Filter top fuel gauge
Jackson racing FMU
MSD 6A ignition
MSD BTM(with retard knob mounted in lower dash)
MSD Monster Cap
Accell Power Coil
Auto-Meter Carbon Fiber Boost and Air/Fuel gauge(custom mounted beneath
instrument cluster)
Reverse indiglo gauges with Carbon Fiber bezel
MOMO Shift knob
MOMO leather matching boot
DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1 headers
DC Sports full polished stainless steel cat-back exhaust(60mm)
Eibach Sportline springs(1.75 drop/30% stiffer progressive rate)
Ingalls Front control uppers with extreme camber adjust and urethane
bushings
Konig J-Spec alloys 17X7" 38mm offset
Yokohama Parada's 205/40/17 BRAND NEW
Type R Integra Rear sway bar, properly installed(modified mounts)
Euro front clear lights with PIAA bulbs
Euro rears custom painted Supra style
Viper 800 ESP with extended range remote and keyless entry with AUTO WINDOWS

Y'all can check out some pics of it on my site:

kcagle said:
Its official. I couldn't resist. I flew to Orlando early Friday morning and drove it back to Louisiana that night. I was back by 9am Saturday.

This car is unbelievable!!! My dad about pooped his pants when I took him for a ride in it...

I haven't dyno'd it or anything yet, but the guy I got it from did an amazing job of putting it together. Its probably ~250hp at the wheels. I have never driven anything like it before. I already have plans for what I'm going to do to it to finish fixing it up. Here's what's already installed:
Jackson Racing Supercharger
3.8" 8lb blower pulley
Walboro 317 in tank fuel pump
RC Engineering 370cc injectors
Apex-i V-AFC custom mounted behind plexi
AEM Cold Air Intake(modified for blower)
AEM Cam gears (dialed to zero since the blower was installed)
AEM Underdrive pulley
B&M CommandFlo
B&M Filter top fuel gauge
Jackson racing FMU
MSD 6A ignition
MSD BTM(with retard knob mounted in lower dash)
MSD Monster Cap
Accell Power Coil
Auto-Meter Carbon Fiber Boost and Air/Fuel gauge(custom mounted beneath
instrument cluster)
Reverse indiglo gauges with Carbon Fiber bezel
MOMO Shift knob
MOMO leather matching boot
DC Sports ceramic 4-2-1 headers
DC Sports full polished stainless steel cat-back exhaust(60mm)
Eibach Sportline springs(1.75 drop/30% stiffer progressive rate)
Ingalls Front control uppers with extreme camber adjust and urethane
bushings
Konig J-Spec alloys 17X7" 38mm offset
Yokohama Parada's 205/40/17 BRAND NEW
Type R Integra Rear sway bar, properly installed(modified mounts)
Euro front clear lights with PIAA bulbs
Euro rears custom painted Supra style
Viper 800 ESP with extended range remote and keyless entry with AUTO WINDOWS

Y'all can check out some pics of it on my site:

Mind if I ask how much ($) and how many miles? :D

I paid 12800 and it has 83000 miles. He owned it for 7500 miles a year and a half. It is in mint condition b/c it was owned by an old lady who had ALL the service work and recommended tune-ups done at the Acura dealership.

I have a local dealer in Lafayette lined up to get the first ms pro that arrives and he has a policy of never selling above msrp. If someone wants my spot in line, you're welcome to it. I will contact you when he lets me know its a definite that he will get one.

Back