Which rims to buy for my Yellow MP3....

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
OK, I know most of you other MP3 owners are thinking of upgrading your rims on your MP3. I'm looking to do the same, but I want something lighter and something that will look good for the show scene. Tell me what you guys think of these candidates and all these rims are 17's and weigh less than 15 lbs.....Feel free to post some rims you'd like to see on a Yellow MP3. I know everyone has different tastes so, I'm not expecting anyone else to dig these wheels, but if you do, thumbs up

These are Gunmetal, not flat black even though they look like it.
P1wheel_GM.gif

These in bronze
racinghart_cp035_wheel_2.jpg

These are hard to find
se37k.jpg

There are very rare, they have them at Bozz Speed in Fremont, CA
le37t.jpg

Those are the main rims I have in mind

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: APEXistud ]

I would go with the Racing Harts. They are light and it kind of keep the spirit of the MP3, trading up to lighter Racign HArts, just my thought.

i like the R-Speed one and the last one that you said you are mainly considering! Please post or email me a pic when you get them installed!

Damnm, my credit card just maxed out. I was gonna try for the Volks in the last picture LE-37T's, They cost about $1800 just for the rims though. Oh well, it's not like the Racing Harts that the MP3 come with are bad.

I'm considering getting those lighter Racing Harts for autocross. I think their only 7lbs.! That might help wrench a little more speed out as well.

Yeah, that's a great wheel weight, but only the 15's are 7-7.5 pounds. I'm not sure what that would do, if anything to the MP3's handling, since it's set up to run 17's. But they're still a great choice.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: APEXistud ]

I live near the Great Mall. Where in San Jose are you located? Do you roll to the races on Friday & Saturday nights?

Apex I would go for anything in gunmetal or bronze. Those colors look dope with a yellow car. Cali rocks!!!! :D

Apex, just wanted to warn you, the Racing Hart CP-035s only come in white and "winning gold" well I went and looked at the golds ones today..it is the most god awful gold color I've seen. It's such a subtle gold that you can't really tell...it just looks like it silver that sat out in the sun too long and faded and yellowed...just warning you! Just a suggestion: if you like the SE37Ks that you posted, check out the LE37K, it's the same rim but with a polished lip...it looks awesome!

Shawn

Thanks for thhe heads up man, but the CP-035R come in silver and that also is another possibility, only problem is they're only available in 18's I think the weigh 15lbs. I've seen both the LE-37t's and LE-37K's in person, my best friend had the LE-37K's on his WRX Wagon. Damn things are light too. Heree are some pics, he showed his car at HIN San Mateo

DSCN6407.jpg

DSCN6412.jpg

We have a ton more pic, but I don't have them all on an image hosting site just yet. Let me know if you want some more pics

You must get you a set of DUBS!! I would go with the 20" ones my self but to each his own. The chrome would look all that on your car.

Originally posted by <Rollin-on-dubs>:
<STRONG>You must get you a set of DUBS!! I would go with the 20" ones my self but to each his own. The chrome would look all that on your car.</STRONG>

Haha, I hope that was a joke. :D Sorry, but no chrome on my MP3 they weigh too much.

Apex: the CP-035s only come in polished silver (chrome looking) as far as I know...I've seen em in person and personally I think they are really ugly...but everybody has a different opinion, it's your car, do what you want! Also they are a 2 piece rim meaning the proce rises quite a bit, I was quoted $650 for one, for that kind of money you can get much nicer rims. You are right though, they are only avalible in 18s.

Shawn

How about the Yellow Tenzo R rims
they look real nice, couldnt find a picture though.

I don't care what you get as long as you sell me your rims when you get the new ones. MP3 rims on a P5, RICE-a-roni baby. :D

Haha, I've already been approached by a few Protege 5 owners about buying my rims off me. They'll have to wait a while though since my fundage for some new rims just got spent on bills.

Back