Kenwood MusicKeg

Gotta love that! P5 and all.
I'm still waiting for the price to get below $700 shipped. I'd like to see the 3-400 CD changers are going for before I step in and buy. dropping a grand on that is a little overkill in my mind.

MusicKeg

Just so you know, ... I saw the same thing as the music keg, put out by (I think it was the actual manufacturer of the Kenwood musickeg) that was 20G, instead of 10G, ... you might be able to find the other one for cheaper. (Unfortunately, I don't know where I saw it, or anything else about it).

Go work part time for a Kenwood dealer and you'll be able to get it dirt cheap. Like ME:D

If I could I would especialy since I can get them for $125 this month, but the Kenwood rep is checking cars of anyone who buys it. I am probably going to get it and keep it in a box next to my Z919 until I can safely unload it without getting fired.

Hey 1st MP3 in NH

If/When you are ready, let me know. I will drop 125 on a music keg in a heart beat. (Seriously, ... if you are gonna sell it, can ya let me know?)

I wouldn't just buy one then sell it. I would have to wait until I left my job or from 1 year of purchase on it unfortunitly.

Re: MusicKeg

ArkosP5 said:
Just so you know, ... I saw the same thing as the music keg, put out by (I think it was the actual manufacturer of the Kenwood musickeg) that was 20G, instead of 10G, ... you might be able to find the other one for cheaper. (Unfortunately, I don't know where I saw it, or anything else about it).

You're thinking of Phat Noise (http://www.phatnoise.com ).

They were selling units independantly through their site but they stopped that and are now directing you to the Kenwood site for the Music Keg. On the kenwood site they still mention Phatnoise because they still use their software to rip, encode and do the playlists.

Phatnoise is still selling additional 20GB and 30GB cartridges that work in the Music Keg through their site. So if a million songs just isn't enough you can still add 2-3 million more! Taking a long trip?

The cool part of this is when they come out with other components that can use the cartridges like personal, portable walkman-type players, portable boomboxes, and home stereo interfaces. That would make this really useful beyond just the car. I personally can live without having a million songs at my fingertips in my car and consider the capacity of the 919's burnt CDR's or CDRW's plenty enough. A million songs wherever you go? that's kinda kool. Sheesh, I remember when cassete walkmans where a really cool thing to have! I know, I'm old....

Back