Production Interior??

:
Blue, 01, MP3. -> Yellow, 03.5, MSP
mazda3_67_prev.jpg

and

mazda3-sedangfx-dash.JPG

look at the center of the dash, the fan console are replaced. The concept has much better looking and quality design. :mad:

Where'd you get that from? Yeah, I had specifically commented on the temp controls in another thread. Wow, the good 'ole knobs eh?

/ho-hum...

Look at this, I am thinking maybe it is the difference between the I and S models?

Attachments

• interior_diff.jpg
    interior_diff.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 491
Both climate controls are production, it's just that automatic climate controls (top pic) are not available for N. American-spec hence US and Canada get manual HVAC controls (bottom pic).

One good thing, Protege owners will have one less thing to get all jelous about. The controls look much more low budget! I can see that being someones first major mod!

Actually those look just the like the differences between the I model and S model in the Mazda 6 line. The I model (4 cylinder had regular a/c gauges and the S model (6 cylinder) had the a/c controls that are nicer because its an automatic climate control.

nag control.. i love it.. :D

but yeah seriously, i zoomed in the photos of what i could find and it appears to be controls to the navigation system. also to let all know that I went over to mazda of japan's website and took a look at their version of the 3.. Wow.. i guess we do get the cheaper stuff here! two different leather seats, 4 cloth to choose from.. 4 different navigation systems, along with TV capability built in! LED turn signals on the front side of the outside mirrors (like mercedes has).. not to mention www.w-tune.com (i think that's it) is the mazda build it yourself and see in animation your car (what it'll look like) and order directly from the factory website. i think that is an awesome idea.. :cool:

Now this is what struck me as odd, maybe someone could help me out here.. The 2.3l engine requires 91 octane (premium) gas there with a compression ratio of 10.0 to 1. But the engine here (in the specs) is also the same 2.3l engine yet it only requires regular unleaded (87 octane) and a compression of 9.7 to 1.

why would they have changed this engine? any thoughts?

to tune it down so there is less power
cause you know WE cant handle it(smash)

marknmichigan said:

Now this is what struck me as odd, maybe someone could help me out here.. The 2.3l engine requires 91 octane (premium) gas there with a compression ratio of 10.0 to 1. But the engine here (in the specs) is also the same 2.3l engine yet it only requires regular unleaded (87 octane) and a compression of 9.7 to 1.

why would they have changed this engine? any thoughts?

I would guess that it is for emissions reasons. lots of cars have to be dumbed down to adhere to emisisons standards.

Back