QUALITY CONTROL???????????

NCCHARMP3

WHAT IS UP WITH THE QUALITY CONTROL ON THESE MP3'S. I HAVE EVERY NOISE AND RATTLE AND WHISTLE THAT SOMEONE HAS POSTED ABOUT. MY CAR PULLS TO THE RIGHT WITH A PERFECT ALIGNMENT. DOES EVEYONE HAVE THESE PROBLEMS.

That's why they put in the great stereo, turn up the music and you won't here all that junk...

Just kinding, it's mostly likely becuase of the stiffer suspension that things rattle.

I've heard that most new cars are made to pull a little to the right. This is because most roads are designed with a slight crest in the middle so that water can run off both sides. Think about it, if you're driving on a road where the middle is higher than the outside than you want your car to pull a little to the right to keep you straight. Otherwise you would be complaining of the car sliding to the left when you try to go straight.

A perfectly aligned car pulls to the right so if something should happen to you, like fall a sleep, your car pulls and hits a curb or the noisy bump things and wake you up and prevent you from hitting something.

I have the whistle in the windshield, and I only have the rear suspension squeak if I come to a stop really fast (I was trying all this stuff to see if I had the squeak). But my car doesn't pull to the right hard. It maybe eases to the right after a mile or so without holding the wheel. :rolleyes: But I am going bring these issues to Mazda's attention when I go in for my first oil change. ;)

the thing is our car has very good handling and sticks to the road considerably. that means that if the road is crooked, the car goes crooked. it's a feature. otherwise think about it, the road is crooked yet the car goes straight, that would mean you have no traction on the car. correct me if I'm wrong.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT ALOT OF CARS HAVE GREAT HANDLING ( TYPE R ) BUT DO NOT HAVE PULLING PROBLEMS. THIS SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE CORRECTED WITH AN ALIGNMENT BUT MOST PEOPLE ARE FINDING OUT THAT ITS NOT WORKING.

Like I posted else where:

Low profile tires and a stiff suspension and a tighter steering ratio are going transmit more of the road through to the steering. Becuase roads are crown shaped it's naturally going to pull the car to the right.

In ruts, the car might feel jittery becuase it'll climb one side of the rut and fall back into it then climb the other side.

The Type R's tires have a larger side wall than ours.

Regular sized tires soak up more bumps because the side wall flexes more. Softer suspension soaks up more bumps, and sloppy steering just plain sucks. So, the car is fine, the roads are what makes the car pull.

[ 10-18-2001: Message edited by: ChrisS ]

I might believe this explanation had this been the only car with decent wheels and suspension that i ever owned. I am a bit more experience than you might think. I have had Honda's with 17's and great suspension but have always been able to get a STRAIGHT alignment. Better luck next time on your expert opinion. The fact that when driving in the left lane of an interstate, which tilts to the left and the car still pulls to the right kills your theory. I admit that this car will be touchy but the alignment should be straight. :mad: :p :confused:

Honda's steering aren't as tight as the MP3...

And, well, I guess your just gonna go waste tons of time and money getting the alignment fixed over and over again...

Sorry, my "expert opinion" isn't good enough for your "expert opinion"...

Back