Next World Touring Car Challenge Race!

CharlieP5

Next Races: Victoria Day Weekend, Mosport, May 17-19

This is the date of the next speedvision world challenge touring car race. I hope Mr. Roger Foo does better than his last race in the new Protege5. Let's also see how the rest of the mazdas do.

Those Acura Type R's have alot of power! All we need to be competitive with them is an aftermarket higher Final Drive Ratio.
Something like a 4.55 or 4.78 like the ones on the Type R's. I think that our trannys have a 4.20 or something like that.

high comp + high lift cams + higher final drive = Faster Lap Times....

Yes, but I can't get speedvision or is it speed channel :( Damn cable company doesn't carry it...argh...:mad:

I am a fan of The touring cars . I will be at Mosport on Saturday for the race . I went last year ,this year should be better . Anyone from TO going

macklum said:
I am a fan of The touring cars . I will be at Mosport on Saturday for the race . I went last year ,this year should be better . Anyone from TO going

I envy you! I WISH i COULD GO....

I was going to the first race at sebring but couldn't arrange everything on time....Oh well maybe next time..

Our Final Drive!

I double checked on our final drive it's 4.105:1. Not that good if your NA like the world challenge P5....:(

I am a big touring car fan. Thanks for the info. I can't stand NASCAR. I'm going to the American LeMans Series race this coming weekend at Sear Point. Many times the World Challenge cars run with them as a support race but they will not be at this one. It will be on Speed Channel Sun. 4:00pm (EDT).

cfbjr said:
I am a big touring car fan. Thanks for the info. I can't stand NASCAR. I'm going to the American LeMans Series race this coming weekend at Sear Point. Many times the World Challenge cars run with them as a support race but they will not be at this one. It will be on Speed Channel Sun. 4:00pm (EDT).

I envy you! I wish I could go to one of those races!

Oh! NASCAR:mad: That sucks in my Opinion....Around and Around...No driving skils what so ever....

Nothing like passing an opponent on a hairpin turn....:D Now thats Driving skills...

I am a fan of the SPEED...

Check out the new paint scheme for the OPM cars...

opm1.jpg

I dropped them a line and they said they planned on selling parts that they develop for their World Challenge Touring Car.

OPM has a lot of parts for VWs and Hondas, it'll be nice to have another comapny making things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I am a fan of the SPEED...

StuttersC said:
Check out the new paint scheme for the OPM cars...

opm1.jpg

I dropped them a line and they said they planned on selling parts that they develop for their World Challenge Touring Car.

OPM has a lot of parts for VWs and Hondas, it'll be nice to have another comapny making things.

That's a nice car. I hope they start selling some real race parts for our cars.

CharlieP5 said:

Oh! NASCAR:mad: That sucks in my Opinion....Around and Around...No driving skils what so ever....

Nothing like passing an opponent on a hairpin turn....:D Now thats Driving skills...

NOW, I am not a big NASCAR fan either....HOWEVER....to say that they have no driving skills? I think you have taken that statement a bit far....I think if YOU tried running in a pack of cars, bumper to bumper, at 200 MPH you would think different. its not like driving on the freeway ya know....although in some cities it sure seems DAMN CLOSE! LOL......

they have skills....its just that the skills for OUR kind of racing (touring car racing) is different. To me....OUR kind of racing challenges the drivers more...and it takes a certain amount of the cars elements out of who is going to win....and puts it in the drivers capabilities.

but to say that they have NO skills.....just not true.

Ok Ok I take that back Sir Nuke!

I meant something different. I think Rally Racers and Touring Car Racers have alot in their hands.

I agree Nascar Drivers do have Skills!

CharlieP5 said:
Ok Ok I take that back Sir Nuke!

I meant something different. I think Rally Racers and Touring Car Racers have alot in their hands.

I agree Nascar Drivers do have Skills!

thank you....for them....BUT...there is NO DOUBT that rally racers and touring car racers have their hands full.....I LOVE watching those races.....and I really can't stand watching NASCAR...not really....well...MAYBE if there was absolutely NOTHING else on! lol of course all we are doing is waiting for someone to screw up and have a crash! lol

Back