Roatry Miata

Geo212

:
1991 Mazda Miata
With everyone swapping in V-8's why not trying a rotary. Does anyone have info on a 13B swap for a Miata. Maybe a renessaince rotary(RX-8), 13BTT (RX-7), or maybe even a 20B(saw it in a mag, 2000cc 4-rotor Rotary)

Rotary+Miata=(drive) (burnout) :D

Geo212 said:
With everyone swapping in V-8's why not trying a rotary. Does anyone have info on a 13B swap for a Miata. Maybe a renessaince rotary(RX-8), 13BTT (RX-7), or maybe even a 20B(saw it in a mag, 2000cc 4-rotor Rotary)

Rotary+Miata=(drive) (burnout) :D

It's been done...several times.

ugh! I was going to post a link, but one of the best sites about the swap is gone. Do a search on Google. You'll get tons of results. Keep an eye out for http://www.rotarymiata.com/ to see if it ever returns.

The modifications required for the swap are extreme. IIRC, the V8 swap is easier than a rotary swap.

BTW...it's spelled Renesis. ;)

renessaince wow haha

rotary's have been put into everything. the one rotary swap i'd really like to see would be a 3 rotor on an s2000

Most people who put a rotary into a Miata swear they will never do another one. It's extremely difficult to do.

Keith

I did not think it was going to be so hard since Mazda experimented with the idea in the early '90's since the RX-7 was doing so poorly in sales. Fm2 kit for me.

Back