TV's?

How many ppl have TV's and what brands are the best. I've been looking at Eclipse and they look tight. Can i get some feed-back?

I saw Jag61180's s*** on Sunday. His ride is the pimp of all MP3's in Arlington! He has the TV's in each headrest, and the DVD Player. If I can catch up with him I will take pictures and post them. On top of that he has done a real crafty job of interior design with Carbon Fiber Vinyl!:eek: Also coil-overs that ride nice, and hug the corners(personal experience). Pics are on the way. I plan on doing something similar, except that I will have one on my passenger-side visor, and one in at least one headrest.

Clarion tv's

I have 3 tv's in my P5 for now, and im getting 3 more in a couple months. All 3 are Clarion's. The picture on them is very clear and i would recommend them to anyone. I have a 6.5 inch in dash, and two 5 inch tv's in the headrests. I had two 6.4 inch headrest tv's but they didn't fit in the headrest and i had to sell them.

This may be a really dumb question so go easy on me...but are these tvs for things such as dvds/video games....or is there a way to catch normal television on them as well?

The other question is with that many tvs, how to you find the power to run all of that stuff...do you need to upgrade your battery/alternator or something?

have one ? that might be dumb also but do you have to have an indash tv to have head rest screens or can you just get the head rest screens?

As long as you have a head unit that plays DVD you can have as many monitors you want in your P5.

I'm looking into the alpine combo (Dvd tuner & Monitor) they fit perfectly into the double din space we have in our P5s.

Big blue these don't use too much power they are just 6" to 7" monitors.

Some DVD tuners play CD-R,MP3,DVD,DVD-R,and CDs but most of these are mounted underneath one of the seats. Making it very dificult to load and unload Cds.

These can also have TV tuners that pick up local stations (unless you strap a Direct TV Dish on to your ride) but usually come with ugly TV antennas that you have to mount inside your car. Some also have auxiliary inputs for things like playstation, gamebox, and videocassette players.

It all depends what your looking for...

Questions answered

Just to answer some of the questions i saw. You can have tv's in just the headrests without an indash tv, i had only the headrest tv's connected to my ps2 before i installed the indash. As far as power they don't need anything special. I have an optima yellow top battery in the front, and an audiobahn power cap in the back, but that is because i have an xtant amp and 2 square solo baric 12's also. As far as watching local tv you do not need a big antenna in your car. I have all the antenna hidden in the pillars in the front of my car and you can't see them at all. I just got a bonus at work today for $1500, so i will be getting the other 3 tv's soon along with my rims. I will be putting up some pics soon.

All I gotta say is you guys with the tvs must be really popular with your friends....cause I assume you'd be the ones driving while everybody else gets to enjoy your generosity. :)

alright let me get this straight .

alright say i buy two tvs for my head rests alright when i get them installed can i hook them both up to my ps2 will that work and one more thing. is there any possible way to hook it up so the sound comes out of my car speakers. i have a z919. is there any way at all. so what i am asking is can the ps2 hook up to both tvs and can i run the sound out of my car speakers? thanks just trying to clear it up bc i dont want to get a tv and have the sound come out of the tv. what tvs would you recommend? 5 inches? what brand but i dont want to break the bank ? please help me. thanks yall

I have a 919 also. You will have to get a RCA adapter for the balck of your 919 headunit from Kenwood ($20),so that you can plug into the Aux port. You should be able to get sound out of your car speakers. Just plug in the sound to the aux port on the 919.

Last edited:
My DVD/CD/MP3/VCD/Touch Screen/Sirus Unit
I ended up getting the Clarion VRD925VD for my MP3, the quality is actually unbelieveable, hell its evn touch screen. This is by far the best on the market today. If you find one better with everything built in send me the link. This is a bad ass unit.:cool:

Last edited:
Back