In your opinion...

To all you audio enthusiests out there... heh... ANyway, I am starting my custom install and had a few questions...

1.) Which spot is best to run the power wire into the cabin? Any unused grometts that I can push thru?

2.) Amp location... under front seats, or mounted on the back of the rear seats?

3.) 12" or 15" subwoofer?

4.) Anything else I should be thinking about?

heh...

Mainly the power wire.... Just curious what everyone else is doing.

-kevin

Very large factory gromment on the battery side with basicly nothing going through it. I have 1/0 going through it with no problems. I'd use a 12". Use the rear seats for the amp theres ac ducts under the seats. The dash kits and wire harnesses are hard to find.

Cooo..... When you say the Dash kit and harness are hard to find... I found them easily. Crutchfield sells both. Scosche makes the Dash Kit and Metra has the harness. I installed my JVC MP# player headunit last week and it works great!

ttyl.

-kevin

definatly put the amps under rear seats, idunno bout ac vents but generely there are less people riding in back which means less dirt, trash or chance of spilled drinks. also if you have any probs w/ the amp its easier to work under the back seats and if you have to take them out and still be able to drive. as far as speaker size depends on what kind of sound you want. 12' sound better w/ music and pic up low and high range bass. 15' hit harder and move more air but sound much deeper and dont pic up the higher bass as well. but if you like boomin out to a good bass cd a lot 15' are better.

Back