New Class??

BigBlue

Contributor
Not sure if this has gone into effect for you other autoXers yet or not. Last week, I was classed in the G Stock class according to the 2001 rules. However I was looking at my local sportscar club site last night and it appears our cars have been reclassed.

I'm now in the E Stock class....moved up two classes....it also says from what I understand that normal Proteges are H class...quite the separation there I thought. Just wanted to know if you others had heard of this and what you thought.

New Classes

I sure hope that isn't happening. I can guarantee in E stock we won't be competitive. Can you say ass whoopin? We'll get smashed. I think the site you had was for a specific region.
Is you local club an SCCA region? Some other clubs do their own rankings and classification.
As I ran registration this psat weekend at our event, the rulebook has us in Gstock still, and we have recieved no addendums to that as of yet. I'll let you know what I find out or if I hear anything.

I think these are the Canadian classes. On closer inspection what it appears they did was sorta split up the G Stock class...I'm still quite a bit confused tho because I haven't been able to find the Pax time calculator numbers......I'll have to print out the classes and ask about it next Sunday.

I've seen the Pax time numbers and I know as well that for instance G Stock has a better multiplier than E....even D stock has a better multiplier.....why does this make such a big deal....well for me I was looking at the Spec V owner as being competition...well guess what....being in D class...I have to actually run faster than the guy with 30 something more horsepower if they leave the Pax multipliers(I can't see how they would). Just venting now but get this....if you look in the link above you'll also see that the Subaru WRX is listed as a G Stock now.....which means I need a faster time than a car that is WAY more powerful than mine just to be competitive.

I'm really thinking something is just messed up somewhere(probably the fact that the Pax time multiplier will be swapped so that G Stock has a worse one than E Stock) otherwise I'll be steamed. :mad:

Truthfully, if the course designer is good, the extra HP a subaru has will easily be crushed by the handling our car has. I am completely stock and race against STS class subarus. The MP3 can beat them even flat time with no questions asked 90% of the time.
If your course designers are big into long straights with a few sharp turns every once in a while, that's not a good autocross. It's hp racing. Maybe see if there is another region around that likes to test driving and handling over hp. I got lucky in that the regions I run build tracks to test drivers and handling more than HP.
And for your Canadian classes, WOW! D-stock for an MP3? Yeah, because I should be racing Porsche 911s and BMW 3 series cars. NOT! Don't know what they were thinking, but it isn't right!.

BigBlue
I just looked through the last 4 months of the SCCA's FasTrack tech bulletins and found no mention of any change. I thought I would have noticed one but you never can tell.

I know that in 2001 the mp3 WAS considered E Stock and then was moved DOWN to G Stock for the 2002 season.

Hehe it's just gotta be screwed up Canada....whatever.....it'll just challenge me to be a better driver. :)

Back