03blackspeed

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege, 2001 Mazda Protege MP3
:D

Attachments

• randy350miata (10).jpg
    randy350miata (10).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 477
thats randy walkers. he came to our lex meet for about 30 minutes to let j.r. check it out. hes going to dyno it soon. its a bad little miata and i cant wait to see his dyno numbers.

Very good, Randy is obviously famous!!! I took these at an autocross that some of us members of the Central Ky Region put on for the national Mustang SVO Club... Randy put alot of work into this monster that's for sure!!!

I don't like miata...because there are too many special edition miata's out there... :)

randy comes buy the shop i hang out at all the time. they built his 3000gt and are putting another motor in it now. they are also working on his mr2 spyder for his wife. they almost have the turbo on it and the widebody kit is almost all the way on

Hey, isn't that one of those "Monster Miata"s that I've heard about? 400+ hp, 350 cu in?

KYMP5 said:
randy comes buy the shop i hang out at all the time. they built his 3000gt and are putting another motor in it now. they are also working on his mr2 spyder for his wife. they almost have the turbo on it and the widebody kit is almost all the way on

Yeah, he tossed the new motor in his VR4 at Putnam a couple weeks ago, did a nice number on the intercooler too. They also blew a heater hose on the Viper, and Judy's spyder melted a clutch, it was all bad for them that weekend. I hear the VR4 is just a monster these days...

Originally posted by DayOh257
Hey, isn't that one of those "Monster Miata"s that I've heard about? 400+ hp, 350 cu in?

Yes, it's completely custom. It is a Chevy 350 small block.

The fun run I took those pics at was his first real trial for the car. No real problems, but he said something was going on with the throw-out bearing. Needless to say, you don't want to touch the gas, unless you're in a straight that is...

Putting a Chevy in is pretty unusual. The Monster Miatas used a Ford 5.0 because it's narrower.

Keith

talk about a torque monster. the miata would go insane off the line ! the handling is probably ruined, too...

What a waste of a Miata. There goes the handling. Its the same as those idiots putting the 350's into FD RX7's.

Actually the car handles just fine, you just have to be able to drive it, with strong enough spring rates in the front and some weight to even it out in the back, it's not all that bad. Of course, the help of a custom extra strong frame helps also. I've seen the car autocross, with a little fine tuning to the suspension, it really could be competitive.

the miatas with the ford 5.0 in them are called monster miatas. randy built this one to be a monster killler he said

I've seen a Miata with a Corvette 350 also.

The cool thing about Miatas is that the suspension design lets you set it up for pretty much any condition, so it's not too hard to set up to be good with a heavier motor.

hehe, I know randy, had not seen this car yet, but it looks cool. I have a Monster Miata with 125 shot of nitrous. Randy knows me. Maybe he and I can go at it. :) Im sure his is nuts. I'd like to see how he's hooking it up because I cant hook mine up at all on the spray, on the interstate I break lose even in 4th gear.

And no, with koni's and proper springs the handling on the 302 anyway, isnt ruined.

Cool pics!

Cheers
J

Cool, hey KYMP5. You dealt with those SVOCA guys? I used to be in to the 2.3T until I bought a car from one of the co-founders. I probably would have been there, if I still had my turboford.

Back