Vote for Fast and the Furious at MTV!!!

Why would I vote for a cheesy, over rated and cruddy movie like that which glamorizes illegal street racing?

Why would I vote for movies on MTV anyway?

Not trying to be mean here, just expressing my opinion...

It was actually my fav movie of the year...it promised me fast cars and action and it gave it to me

Too many movies now i expect so much from cuz they build them up, they didnt for F&F and it delivered

Personally, I thought the movie was HORRIBLE. I love the scene where they run a quarter mile race when in reality, they must have driven 20 miles. :)

Just my opinion...

IMO the movie was what I expected. Mindless entertainment. I never knew that someone was making 8 speed transmissions for imports! I counted 7 shifts in the opening sequencs and like Gene said I believe there were 8. Maybe they are using the old Jeep split shift in there. It is a silly movie but the 5.1 surround effects are great.

how about we do vote and we get everyone to notice the import scene then maybe more companies will take intrest in other cars other then the civic and develop products for us.

Some of us may not like the movie but at least it puts us in the spotlight and intrest high.

As far as MTV goes, like it or not it is watched by many and thats a sure why to get noticed.

That movie really boosted up sales for NOS and car manufacturers companies (they had to replace alot of engines) he he...

I am sick of people bashing this movie cause it had a few things that weren't quite accurate. It was all done for entertainment sake. Would you really want the big race scene in the movie to last 10 secs? No. Damn guys come on, it wasn't a documentary, it was a friggin movie, and a damn good one. I have dabbled in directing and writing. I live very close to the biggest movie studio on the east coast. Wilmington, NC is a huge movie town, alot of big movies have been filmed here. It isn't easy to make a movie that is both 100% accurate and is exciting. Fast and Furious had a great story, a great script, and great actors and will be a great movie 10 years from now.

NC_MP3 said:
I am sick of people bashing this movie cause it had a few things that weren't quite accurate. It was all done for entertainment sake. Would you really want the big race scene in the movie to last 10 secs? No. Damn guys come on, it wasn't a documentary, it was a friggin movie, and a damn good one. I have dabbled in directing and writing. I live very close to the biggest movie studio on the east coast. Wilmington, NC is a huge movie town, alot of big movies have been filmed here. It isn't easy to make a movie that is both 100% accurate and is exciting. Fast and Furious had a great story, a great script, and great actors and will be a great movie 10 years from now.

I don't bash the movie becuase it was technically inaccurate. The movie being wrong just adds some comedy.

I bash it because the story was to predictable and poorly written. The whole movie could have done with out the undercover cop bit. The script was cheesy at best and I didn't see one good actor in it.

The other reason I bash is because it glorifies illegal street racing. Yeah, that's something that needs to be overly glorified.

The best part was getting to see all the eye candy (aka cars).

That's just my opinion. Maybe I'm getting old for my age...

I like the movie but it reminded me of some other movie that keeano Reeves was in. North "something" I don't remember the name of the movie. But the plot are almost identical to F&F except it was a surfing scene as in F&F where to car racing. Undercover cop befriends the badguy to win his trust and at the end Keeano's character let him go.

Come On! Come On!

The Fast and The Furious was a Love Story, with the same Cop falls in love with the bad guys and blah blah blah. I agree the plot is so overdone already that it's not even fun anymore. It would of been alot better if they came up with something original.

Not A Cop And Thieve Chase!

Everybody has a right to say what they think of this movie.
I think it was stupid!
What? are we supposed to like the movie because it was about import cars? Yeah the cars were nice and interesting but that's it the whole movie plot with the cop and the bad guy chase was far from original.....:mad:

Peace Out!:D

my thoughts exactly. lets be friends :p

NC_MP3 said:

[Cruzer] said:
I like the movie but it reminded me of some other movie that keeano Reeves was in. North "something" I don't remember the name of the movie. But the plot are almost identical to F&F except it was a surfing scene as in F&F where to car racing. Undercover cop befriends the badguy to win his trust and at the end Keeano's character let him go.

Yep, your thinking of "Point Break", with Keanu Reaves and Patrick Swayze. The plot was almost exactly the same.

dudes, the fast and the faggie SUCKED.
I'm a big rotary fan and the only reason i saw that movie was because of the rx7. they even got that wrong:
when the 4 cars are just about to race and vince puts the car in grear you see a inside view of his engine.... right okay they got the engine right but it's spinning the wrong way.it was spinning clockwise (looking from the driver seat)
anyone who knows anything about rotaries knows that they spin counter-clockwise( again fron D side).
and thats why it F'IN SUCKED
thank you

C Rae said:
dudes, the fast and the faggie SUCKED.
I'm a big rotary fan and the only reason i saw that movie was because of the rx7. they even got that wrong:
when the 4 cars are just about to race and vince puts the car in grear you see a inside view of his engine.... right okay they got the engine right but it's spinning the wrong way.it was spinning clockwise (looking from the driver seat)
anyone who knows anything about rotaries knows that they spin counter-clockwise( again fron D side).
and thats why it F'IN SUCKED
thank you

uhm....
NC_MP3 said:
..........Damn guys come on, it wasn't a documentary, it was a friggin movie, and a damn good one..........

Like many have said its a movie.....its made for entertainment not accuracy. I know the rotary was spinning the wrong way but at least they made it with a 20BT engine so it was a J-Spec swap. I'm sure that most the people who made that movie didn't know crap about cars but they gave it their best...yeah they made some mistakes but we all do. Just take it for what it is a movie if you don't like it you don't like it but at least it gives teh aftermarket some boost to maybe build some parts for our cars.

chdesign said:
Like many have said its a movie.....its made for entertainment not accuracy. I know the rotary was spinning the wrong way but at least they made it with a 20BT engine so it was a J-Spec swap. I'm sure that most the people who made that movie didn't know crap about cars but they gave it their best...yeah they made some mistakes but we all do. Just take it for what it is a movie if you don't like it you don't like it but at least it gives teh aftermarket some boost to maybe build some parts for our cars.

in the movie they showed a backwards spinning 3 rotor, yes, but in the movie vin's car was a stock 13btt... and if it WERE a 20b theres NO way a honduh could have kept up with it, i was pissed they did at ALL:mad:

there weer lots of stupid thigns in the movie, like how the green eclipse aqt the beginning, he shifts like 7 or 8 times:confused:

chdesign said:
...but at least it gives teh aftermarket some boost to maybe build some parts for our cars.

I don't remember even seeing a Protege in the movie (I haven't seen for awhile)...Maybe I missed it, but all the cars were Hondas, the RX-7, the Supra, etc. All cars with an aftermarket already established.

Did anyone see a Protege in the movie?

I don't see how this movie will mean more parts for the Protege if there was never one that had a real part in the movie.

Back