ANYONE HEAR OF THIS?????

I HAVE SOMEONE WHO WORKS WITH ME, HE ALSO WORKS FOR A MAZDA DLR IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY.
ACCORDING TO HIM...HIS DLR HAD AN MP3 TAKEN IN AND IT HAD A BLOWN PISTON...HE SAID PISTON NUMBER 1 WAS DONE.HE ALSO SAID THAT HIS DLR CALLED THE OTHER DLRS AND THERE WERE OTHER MP3S OUT THERE THAT HAD THIS HAPPEN....AINT THIS SOME S*@T!!!!!!!
WELL MY ONE AND ONLY ASSUMPTION IS THAT THE PISTON COULDN'T HANDLE THE ADDED 10HP...SINCE THEY ARE THE SAME PISTONS AS THE REGULAR PROTEGE.......SOMETHIN WE SHOULD ALL LOOK INTO TO PREVENT IT FORM HAPPENNING TO US....IF THAT DOES HAPPEN THEN I WAN AN UPGRADED COMPRESSION PISTON SET INSTALLED AND COVERED UNDER WARRENTY....YA FEEL ME??
GET BACK AT ME IF ANY ONE HAS ANYOTHER IDEAS OR SECRETS

NYCZMP3: I apreciate what you're trying to do by passing information along to fellow MP3 owners but please, get your facts straight before you post something like this and freak out a bunch of people. This is not a flame or personal attack against you in any way so don't get all defensive. First of all, what is a "blown piston"? you cannot "blow" a piston, you can blow rings maybe bend a rod but not blow a piston. Second, 10 extra Hp will not hurt the life or reliability of an engine...any engine...I'm sure the FS engines can handle around 200-250 HP before any of the stock internals really need upgrading. Lastly, what is an "upgraded compression set" of pistons? Higher compression would yield more power/HP and cause MORE strain on the engine, not less. Again, this is not a flame, just asking you to get the facts straight before scaring some of the less knowledgeable members.

Shawn

NYCZMP3, please don't type in all caps...

As for the problem with the motor, I would figure it would happen to a number of 2.0 liter Protege's, not just ours. All 2.0 liter Protege's in the US have the FSD motor. If it happens to an MP3, it would happen to others.

And I agree with Section 8, this motor can handle a lot more power, look at the FS-ZE in the Sport 20. It puts out almost 180 hp and all it really has is different are cams and pistons.

Back