diff. tail light style? (pics)

Onizuka

:
subaru
This is what I found from Dutch website, seems their tail light will be diff. than N.American's, some1 correct me if I'm wrong?

mazda3_36.jpeg

MAZDA3_CD2_12.jpeg

MAZDA3_CD2_32.jpeg

mazda3_16.jpeg

mazda3_26.jpeg

Here's my tail-light info so far:

Mazda3 sedan:

US-spec i trim: red tail-lights
US-spec s trim: black tail-lights

Canadian-spec all trims (not confirmed): red tail-lights

Mazda3 Sport (hatch):

There is a rear-side reflector at the bottom of the sides of the rear bumper for all N. American-spec to be DOT legal.

Cool so they are not jipping us out of lights just because of the DOT. I can't wait to see this car in person and get a different perspective.

wongpres said:
Here's my tail-light info so far:

Mazda3 sedan:

US-spec i trim: red tail-lights

Mazda3 Sport (hatch):

There is a rear-side reflector at the bottom of the sides of the rear bumper for all N. American-spec to be DOT legal.

Thats sucks if it is true, I like the clear style:(

you guys notice the clear style has LEFT side tail light oranged but the the other side is totoally clear? wierd

Wongpres,
CAn you confirm this? THis is very disappointing to hear. I was assuming the GT model for the sedan would have the cleared out tailights to go along with the GFX package. Very disappointing. I can accept no-HIDS, no side airbags, etc. What's next? Very Disappointing. :mad:

Onizuka said:
Thats sucks if it is true, I like the clear style:(

you guys notice the clear style has LEFT side tail light oranged but the the other side is totoally clear? wierd

My definition of black tail-lights is the very first picture of this post (i.e. the orange hatch), so I think it's the same as what you mean by 'clear style'.

As for why the left tail-light is oranged whereas the right side is clear (or white), the reason is that the orange hatch is euro-spec. In euro-spec, a rear fog-light is required, so the Mazda3 tail-light assembly is assymetrical (the white light on the right-side is reverse). For all other parts of the world, the taillights will be symmetrical and have two reverse lights.

neomonkey said:
Wongpres,
CAn you confirm this? THis is very disappointing to hear. I was assuming the GT model for the sedan would have the cleared out tailights to go along with the GFX package. Very disappointing. I can accept no-HIDS, no side airbags, etc. What's next? Very Disappointing. :mad:

As I said, the Canadian tail-light info is unconfirmed. But given that all US hatches get black taillights (the US info is confirmed BTW), I would guess that the Canadian hatch would get black as well, but that's just my guess.

As for the Canadian GT sedan, I hope it gets black too (cause like you, that's what I'm getting and I want black as well).

We're just going to have to wait for the Canadian taillight situation.

hi all
th black on is only availble for the top model version...
they call it hanabi tail lights here in holland...

and it has leds instead of normal bulb

wongpres said:
As I said, the Canadian tail-light info is unconfirmed. But given that all US hatches get black taillights (the US info is confirmed BTW), I would guess that the Canadian hatch would get black as well, but that's just my guess.

As for the Canadian GT sedan, I hope it gets black too (cause like you, that's what I'm getting and I want black as well).

We're just going to have to wait for the Canadian taillight situation.

Alright people, let me put your mind at ease.

In Canada, we get the red tail-light on:

Sedan GX, GS, GT

and the black tail-light on:

Sedan GT w/ GFX package
Hatch GS and GT

Basically, it looks like the black tail-light are tied with the GFX package. The Sport has Standard GFX, so the black tail-light are everywhere.

Hope this makes you happy. It sure makes me glad to have chosen a Sport!

MarLo

MarLo said:
Alright people, let me put your mind at ease.

In Canada, we get the red tail-light on:

Sedan GX, GS, GT

and the black tail-light on:

Sedan GT w/ GFX package
Hatch GS and GT

Basically, it looks like the black tail-light are tied with the GFX package. The Sport has Standard GFX, so the black tail-light are everywhere.

Hope this makes you happy. It sure makes me glad to have chosen a Sport!

MarLo

MarLo, is that confirmed with Mazda Canada?

I've been trying to contact them for the last week about 2 questions (one of them is the tail-light question), but they've not got back to me.

But while I'm at it, my other question is will any Canadian-trims get the electroluminscent gauges? If you know, or can confirm with someone at Mazda Canada, please share with us.

Ok, Mazda Canada got back to me today but still couldn't answer any of my questions.

So MarLo, can you let us know who told you the Canadian Mazda3 taillight info (was it a dealer or Mazda Canada)? I'm not questioning you or anything, but just want to know if your taillight info is official or not.

wongpres said:
Ok, Mazda Canada got back to me today but still couldn't answer any of my questions.

So MarLo, can you let us know who told you the Canadian Mazda3 taillight info (was it a dealer or Mazda Canada)? I'm not questioning you or anything, but just want to know if your taillight info is official or not.

I know someone at their head office and since this question showed up on a couple of threads (and I'm getting a Sport GT, so I want the black) I ask them.

From the latest Specification document he gave me, the "Tri-mode electroluminescent gauges" are on the Sport GS and GT and the Sedan GT.

Who did you contact over there? What was their response?

MarLo

MarLo said:
I know someone at their head office and since this question showed up on a couple of threads (and I'm getting a Sport GT, so I want the black) I ask them.

From the latest Specification document he gave me, the "Tri-mode electroluminescent gauges" are on the Sport GS and GT and the Sedan GT.

Who did you contact over there? What was their response?

MarLo

Whoa, you just gave me a heart attack, so Canada's getting the optitron gauges - that is so wicked!

I specifically asked about the tail-lights and optitron (via email) and the person who got back to me was a Customer Service Representative (or something like that, the department was on her fax but I don't have it with me). She faxed me a 23 pages specifications and features document for the sedan and sport and it makes no mention of optitron gauges.

But since it appears as if your document is different than mine, can you tell us any other features listed in your docs that's not on mazda.ca?

Thanks, and since your info is from Mazda Canada, I'm happy!

Back