Protoge5 Radio Pinouts or Connector

toddcruz

I am trying to install a 2002 Protoge5 radio into my 92 Miata. I have noticed that the connectors on the 2002 Protoge5 radio are new from the 2001 Protg radio.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the connector that goes into the back of the 2002 Protg radio? Every place I have been to only have connectors thru 2001 and not 2002.

If anyone has the pinouts for it so I can make my own that would be great! I have not been able to find the radio on the Internet so I can do this.

I'm planning to pull the radio out of the Protoge5 and test the connectors myself if I can find the specs on the pinouts but Id rather not do that.

Thanks.

Pinouts of other connector

There is another connector on the factory HU that is unused. I'm guessing it's for a CD changer...it is rectangular, 16 pins. I've been looking for my multimeter to test the leads on the darn thing, but can't find it. If you DO test the leads, can you take a quick look at that connector and at least find power and ground?

Anyone else know where a connector/harness for that other jack might be found?
TIA

WhiteZoomZoom,

I followed your link and found your wiring diagram. The only thing left out is the "+" "-" for each speaker. Do you have that info?

Thanks.

I have the same question, wanted to push this issue to the top.

Back