Lisa Lopes killed in car crash

Thats sad. Just wondering though. Do you think any of us would care a lot if she was NOT famous? I mean thousands of people are killed in car accidents and how many people care about them? I bet not that many compared to celebrities. It's like we think they are invincible and can't die. (just my thoughts, I am shocked and upset, don't get me wrong)

MidnightP5 said:
Thats sad. Just wondering though. Do you think any of us would care a lot if she was NOT famous? I mean thousands of people are killed in car accidents and how many people care about them? I bet not that many compared to celebrities. It's like we think they are invincible and can't die. (just my thoughts, I am shocked and upset, don't get me wrong)

I feel the same way, just cause of their popularity it seems people care more when these popular people die. Death isn't an easy thing to be delt with by most. I feel for their family as any death is hard to accept and deal with. I just don't think anyone is more important then the next... We are equals and should be treated in that fashion just cause you knew how to sing that don't make you any better or any more of a person then you nor I..... Sorry this may seem harsh to some but think of all the people that die and do not get this kind of recognition and probably have done more for people then she has....

Jc

tragic i know but
people are here to show us what not to do or what to do.
ya never know
maybe her death stopped some people from speeding this morning and miss there meeting with death.

I personally don't think people care MORE if/when its someone famous....not really...but many times because they FOLLOWED that persons carrer or whatever they feel they KNOW them....and feel the loss for in some way that person had touched their lives. Just the way a family memeber does or a friend, or ANYONE that they know.....loss is loss, regardless. If I were to lose ANYONE I knew to a wreck, I would be sad and mourn the loss.

Don't ya think?? :(

Back