Are Black rims all the rage?

Antoine

Administrator
OKay...I really like the look of black or gunmetal rims...have they become the trend now?...Today I've seen like 4-5 cars with black rims...or was it just "one of those days"...they used to be so rare...what the dilly yo?

it seems to be.....although I don't like them at all....I guess its my PACKRAT tendencies....I like SHINEY things! lol

:D

I find black rims only go with certain cars.. not everything...

and gun metal... well you want that look... dont' wash your rims for a few months get some clear coat and spray the brake dust on.... then you will have your custom gun metal looking rims....

I find gun metal to be the lazy way out of cleaning your rims.. same thing for silver on cars....

Jc

I saw the Gunmetal on a WRX at one of the races I was at. I liked 'em! I'd buy a set, but the one's I want are $1500, and there is no way that will EVER make it in the budget if I plan on having my girlfriend the next day.

I think both Gunmetal and black are dope depending on the color of the car. They look good on white, silver, yellow, and black cars. It's all about having that contrast between the car and the wheels. Kinda like Subywan's wagon. $1500 for a set of 17" is a bargain in my book. Hell the main reason I don't have wheels yet is because the rims without the rubber will probably put me back $2100. Dark Bronze Volk CE-28's, Gunmetal LE-37T's. It's all or nothing.

Gunmetal looks good but like others have said it really depends on the car color. It'd be nice if you could actually try rims out for looks on your car in advance of actually purchasing them. For me, whenever I do replace my rims, weight is going to be the #1 consideration and of course styling as well.

BigBlue said:
Gunmetal looks good but like others have said it really depends on the car color.
Exactly! I like my polished aluminum wheels, but then maybe it's just the mezzcan in me that loves shiny things....:-D

Back