need more POWER!!

Im going for mostly show with my p5, but i want some power too. whats the best way to get my Hp up to 160 to 170, and also with my old car ( crappy jetta ) i had put 17 rims and dropped the car also, i lost a lot of power and gas milage too. should i just stik with 16s for the p5 or the 17s wouldnt make much of a diff.. also my cars white, so what would be the best style of rims on it , im thinkin white rimz also.. but i want some imput on it befor i do anything i might regret. :confused:

I know this is your first post so I'll go easy on you but this should really be in either the Protege5 or Performance forums.

As for more power, the most commonly taken route for N/A cars is to go with a new Intake/Header/Exhaust. There is also the more risky option of going with Nitrous Oxide but be warned that you should really know what you are doing with that.

For even more power, you can go with a custom turbo as some members here have done(check the Forced Induction forum for more info), but be warned that going that route is quite costly and requires even more knowledge(or a great mechanic at the least).

As for the tires....I guess I'm not knowledgable here, but I don't quite get how changing the tires as long as they are a proper fit for your car in terms of diameter etc will drastically effect the gas mileage or the power(unless you mean just the amount the tire grips off the line etc)...help me out here people.

White rims on a white car would look nice I think, but ultimately it's a personal opinion thing so go with what you like.

IF you changed your rims/wheels and tires and it effected your milage and performance....you evidently did NOT buy a wheel/tire combination that kept the diameter at or VERY near the stock diameter....for if you do that....it won't effect it....in fact if you get the RIGHT wheel/tire combination that is the same diameter...but LIGHTER...it will HELP....actually make your car quicker as it takes less power to get them rolling. SO, the key here is to get the CORRECT wheel, with the CORRECT tire for your car.

as far as getting an extra 30 - 40 HP out of our engine......hope you have a BIG wallet.....or DEEP pockets....it will cost a lot of bucks to do that...AND keep it reliable. A custom turbo is probably the best way to do it.

Wheel size doesnt really matter when your trying to chose between 16's and 17's. A white car with white shoes is just too much white dont u think? Personally its a matter of choice but if i were u i would try to get chrome. Maybe even gun metal but not white. I have a red 5 and i put white rims on which brings the color out more. On the other hand the white rims could actually look good when tricked out right. Creativity comes from with inside!:cool: :D

Back