antenna conversion

scott42

Contributor
:
Blue MP3 #1169; '06 Subaru B9 Tribeca
has anyone with an mp3 changed the antenna to one like the P5 or Vw's? With my bike rack on, the antenna causes all sorts of problems...blah; not to mention a much better look.
any input valued...later
a couple pics of the rack with bikes...here
__hr_DSCN0130.jpg

__hr_DSCN0131.jpg

you can't really see the antenna problem/issue, I just like showing my s***:D :D

Last edited:
no conversion, someone stole our mast, and we decided to seek out a shorter one. someone on this board has a link to several online places that sell s2000 and vw masts, most are shorter and flexible. We ordered one from these guys http://www.hparts.com.
Some others are short and made of billet, they are cool too.

bp

I'm thinking he was looking for someone that had changed the antenna style from the MP3 style to the P5 setup. Ours is the stupid "pull it out through the pillar" kind. Is the P5s a static mount? I'm guess that's what this is about. It would be nice to have something like that.

Yes, the P5 has a "static" mount antenna. I would think that doing the conversion fro the MP3 would be easy enough. Getting to the roof and running the wire would probably be the most time consuming part. Plus, I dunno what you would do with the stock antenna hole, unless you just left the unit in and pushed completely down all the time - I guess that's not a horrible alternative.

Dude, just start ripping you car apart one day, and see what you see. If you think you can do it, go for it. If you have doubts - go for it anyway!

Oh and "cjstringer" - "...I was told that I could play my radio at a reasonable level during the hours of...." ;););)

Off-topic
hiho,
Ok, I'm missing something I think. What the "I was told that I could play my radio at a reasonable level during the hours of" part about? (Did I post something somewhere and say something I probably didn't mean to?)
Not sure what that was about. Please let me know.

Ummm....."Office Space", bro.

Forgot the characters name (shame on me), but, you know - the crazy dude who sets the building on fire - crying about the stapler, etc. Beginning of the movie, he's playing his radio.....ah, forget it......

I guess jokes that need to be explained aren't really worth it.....;)

OOOH! Damn, I thought I had said something in one of my pissed off rages and insulted someone again. :)
I got ya now. I think we need to start a great movie quotes thread in off-topic, or just add to the "Longest Thread" :)

Not a bad idea - unfortunately, I will then be forced to type the entire dialogue from "Rounders", and that might take up a lot of time and space ;)

Would be a cool topic though....

"Caught a hanger, Sarge..."
"Kid's got alligator blood..."
"In the poker game of life, women are the rake....they are the ******* rake..."

Couldn't help myself.

-HH

My Favorite Quote!

You can take the blue pill and you can go back to your life and forget everything we talked about here or you can take the red pill and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole (from Alice in Wonderland) goes.

-The Matrix

He He:D

Oh boy - I think we are really going to need this to be in it's own forum under "off-topic"

This could get out of control - plus, with a thread title like "P5 Antenna", so many people will miss the opportunity to quote!

Time to petition the moderators for a new forum.....

"Okay, here's the deal. If you can't spot the sucker within your first half-hour at the table, then you're the sucker" - Mike McDermott (Matt Damon) - opening line in Rounders

This might be fun....

I know it might be a stupid ? but what year Audi tt are we talkin about? Its probably been posted b4 but u know how s*** happens..:rolleyes: :D

I guess I posted this one and forgot to check up on it...yes, its an MP3 conversion which means I have to do something with the pillar antenna...PIA...BTW, the characters name is Milton (Stephen Root) and yes, I have an autographed "Swingline" from him...gift from a buddy who played golf with him...anyway, I may just have to leave this one be, as it looks like it might be pricey to fix up the holes left inthe pillar...:( :(

Ahhh, yes....Milton. Can't believe I forgot that....

Autographed stapler, huh? That kicks ass!

Anyway - if you did do a "conversion" couldn't you just leave the pillar antenna in the down position - doesn't it go all the way down to the point of almost being invisible?

Anyway, if you really wanted to get rid of it, any decent body shop should be able to fill the hole and blend in some paint for maybe $100 or a little more. Might be more than what you want to pay for a simple antenna, but your MP3 would definitely be unique.

Back