Track Day for Miatas, etc.

I'd love to do a track day at Road Atlanta or the like, but being as tall as I am, I cannot install a permissible rollbar and continue to use the rag top. The closest 'real' track that I've ever driven the car on was at little Talledaga. It was a blast.

It would be easier to get a race seat and lower yourself down. Roll bar regulations vary from track to track as well - SCCA Solo I compatibility is not always required.

It was a fun day in Vegas :)

Keith

Keith@FP said:
It would be easier to get a race seat and lower yourself down. Roll bar regulations vary from track to track as well - SCCA Solo I compatibility is not always required.

It was a fun day in Vegas :)

Keith

I thought about that, but that'd throw me out of ES in Solo II.

Take some foam out of the stock seat bottom. You can drop about an inch doing that.

cortez said:
Take some foam out of the stock seat bottom. You can drop about an inch doing that.

I've heard of that as well. I've been wanting to try that, but really haven't thought much of it.

It works good. It's a free mod and the seat still looks stock. I'd say is more comfortable too.

cortez said:
It works good. It's a free mod and the seat still looks stock. I'd say is more comfortable too.

I really need to get my butt in gear to do this. I'm tired of looking through the top of the windsheild and rearview at events, heh.

Back