Lowered Pro5

ChopstickHero

zoom zoom, eh?
Contributor
:
2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2000 Miata
Like all the other people here ... i'm just gonna throw my pics up .... ;) ...... enjoy.

psn00003.jpg

psn00004.jpg

psn00005.jpg

psn00006.jpg

psn00007.jpg

psn00008.jpg

psn00009.jpg

I live in Toronto and i'm part of the TORONTO PROTEGE CLUB.
Guys named Steve and Jamie from Grounded Conceptz approached us with good deals on Protege parts.
He offered to give us a deal of $500 CDN, for the Eibach Pro-Kits, installation, and anything else that we wanted to do during installation (ie. paint calipers, brake pad inspection, etc). So I took the deal... and i'm happy about the results.

Lowered about 1.4" in the front and 1.2" in the rear.
These Eibach springs won't settle that much though... about less than half an inch lower.

Planning on getting the Mazdaspeed struts from these guys as well.

Charlie,

what's the offset on your 18" wheels?
you don't rub against the fender with that big a wheel?

It used to...

Yeah it used to.
I had to take it to a bodyshop and have the inside border removed from the back fender well.

I recommend doing this if your going to go with 17+ rims and suspension or coilovers or you will have tire damage.

Not to mention the rubbing noise everytime you go 40+mph.

ok
i hope i'm safe with the 17" rims that i'm getting.
testing for rubbing is a good thing though. if there's rubbing, then i gotta spend a few bucks to make the offset bigger so that the wheels sit in the perfect position.

A better solution would be to buy wheels with the right offset...+45mm or higher...ideally for the P5 a +48mm is perfect...this was all taught to me by ARD MP5...and it works...tried and true...My wheels/tires/drop are proof. People should fit the wheels to the car...not the car to the wheels....IMHO.

45 or higher offsets are often difficult to find... combine that with personal preference and finding wheels that you like AND that have the correct offset becomes even harder!
many JDM wheel companies offer several offsets instead of the usual 4 or 5 offsets options here for most wheel manufacturers.

there is nothing wrong with machining and creating the offset slightly larger. it will cost a few bucks more, but in the end it will be worth it because there won't be any problems with rubbing.

:D

Last edited:
Question?
All of you guys that have aftermarket lowering springs or coilovers are you guys still using stock shocks?
ANd how is the ride quality on the Pro Kits?

yeah still using stock shocks cuz they are still good.
eventually, they will wear out and will have to be replaced, though. the ride quality is definitely bumpier, but not uncomfortable. the stiffness and ride quality of the springs were taken into consideration and the drop of about 1.4" isn't that much. you can feel more of the road when you have these springs in. i'm looking at installing the mazdaspeed struts after my stock ones go.

good choice
one of our members is going to install skunk2 coilovers next week.
i'll take pics and post em later.

more pics of my ride (well.. the setup inside):

psn00004.jpg

"Agent Smith!!!"

psn00005.jpg

"Hello Trinity ... "

:D

Back