HELP!...Damn Computer probs!

Antoine

Administrator
Okay...so here I am happily surfing this site when I get a Kernal32.dll error...saying IExplorer caused an unknown error...so now I can't even open internet explorer...to make things even better I can't seem to open any windows applications (windows explorer, control panel etc) without getting the same "IExplorer" error...can't open them from the desktop or start menu.

I'm using Windows ME (I know it sucks) I've tried going system restore (no luck)...I tried to delete the kern32.dll file (can't)...things seem to work in safe mode but when I went back into normal windows same shiz...

Can Anyone help??? Is the .dll file corrupt?...I would greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks

Have you tried to re-install the OS over the current directory structure? Also, is your disk format FAT32 or do you have a recent backup of your data? It might be easier to perform a clean install if you have access to your data and programs.

From time to time I get that error, best thing to do is goto the Windows update site & download everything that comes up as needed in your system. the wed site does a quick scan of your system & will report back to you with updates & add-ins they recommend for you.

Well the first thing I would try is to reboot the machine.
And by that I mean, put on a pair of boots, and kick it.

Let me know if that helps.

enry said:
Well the first thing I would try is to reboot the machine.
And by that I mean, put on a pair of boots, and kick it.

Let me know if that helps.

LOL! I like that one. I'm gonna have to use that!

Sounds like a virus. If you can, run an anti-viurs scan, I like Norton personally, it seems to work well. I know someone who had a problem. her computer was stuck in safe mode and nothing worked, sure enough it was a virus.

Latest posts

Back