Import Show, MP3 spottings

rsx

Went to the Hot Import Show in Montreal this weekend. Saw 2 things of interest to you all. First one guy had a custom air scope on the hood of his MP3, just like the WRX, it was wicked !!

All of the 3 MP3s there they all had custom intakes. One guy representing a performance shop had modified his injectors and some other stuff to pull 168 hp. I did not catch all the mods he did, but the hp is what he is claiming.

I filmed it, but I will see if Enry and I can get it from 8mm to my computer.

hi, if u go 2 walmart (and no - i don't
work there, just the place where u can get everything!!!) they have a little device called
Dazzle 80 for 68 bucks...
it connects to the USB port and you
can connect your camcorder via RCA jacks to the computer :)

GreetZ

I GOTTA see that hood. Please post pics. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!! And if ANYBODY hs any idea of where such a hood can be found, please let us know!!!! thank you. :D

since we are in the subject of mp3 spottings, there were 2 modified mp3s at Import Expo 2 here in houston. one had a custom turbo kit and they replaced the racing harts :mad: and the other one was just a normal mp3.oh yeah this one was in the mazda tent. goodness they had every single car from the rx7 to the mpv, modified. the mpv even had a turbo kit!! wheres the turbo kit for the mp3 mazda?!! where?!!

Holy crud so they did put a turbo in it? Mazda you sneaky little...hehehe

:D :D

And yes, I really wanna ceck out the hood scoop too! My buddies used to cut their hoods to add in the scoops (ouch) for their Hondas but I haven't seen one for the MP3 yet!

MrBlk: Tell us about that hood!! PLEASE!!!! I couldnt tell from the pictures, is it functional? And where can i get and how much???????? :eek:

The hood scoop looks sweet on theMP3 ! :eek:
but it looks exactly like the ones Subaru has.... is it? cause if it is then that is easy to find.... but i also thought of one thing..... the front hood of our cars are not flat.... it is pointy..... if in fact it IS the subaru hood scoop then how would it fit on top of our hoods?

Plz post up details of the hood scoop... i really want to do that mod! Drool...

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think the yellow decals or paint scheme on that thing is TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me want to do some stuff like that!!!!

The mirrors under the hood, the yellow grille, i want it all (except for the alteeza's in the back).............I just don't want to do anything drastic to a "rare" car......i am going to try to keep everything stock (unless there is a turbo) until they say that they are coming out with more MP3's in the years to come.......If they do this, our cars won't be that rare anymore, so who gives a rat's ass what we do to our babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#520--------------BLUE :cool:

The only thing I know is that it comes unpainted plastic (very similar to WRX but is it the same???). The guy did the hole himself with a jigsaw (Crazy you think?!?!?) But it did a very good job. I guess he must be getting a lot of cold air in there. I don't know where he got that and I don't know if he would tell!!! But you may try to ask, "launier mp3" is his nick on the board. You may write to him in english even if the board is mainly french (we mostly are from Montral)

FRANS: The one with the yellow graphics is mine :)

Do you guys have any pointers on entering a car show. About what to do with the car, or how to show it? Anything? Did you guys in Canada win anything at the show? If so what do you win? :confused: :D

Well it was my first show and I knew I couldn't win anything. They look more for crazy modifications. But then again, there's a mp3 that won in a show, the only mods were lowering springs and custom intake, tinted windows and a windshield banner. I guess it depends of the show you go to.

Back