Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
Providing the original Yellow Spec V would have made it to final production, I definately woulda bought it.
9592730-77ce-02000112-.jpg

Thinking back and looking at my financial situation now. I definately shoulda kept my 97 Civic
9465134-4c49-028001E0-.jpg

With taking all these thoughts into consideration. I definately coulda made a better decision as far as spending my money goes and probably would have been happy with a yellow P5. Sad thing is that....now I'm broke. At least I'm happy and broke at the sametime and I still love the attention my Vivid Yellow MP3 gets everywhere I go. I'm sure all you MP3 owners know what I'm talking about. Even the P5 gets a lot of attention when it's rolling down the street. I think with Mazda releasing the MS-P (Mazdaspeed Protege), the Protege will gain even more popularity and with saying that, all us Protege owners stand to gain something......the main thing being more aftermarket support of course. Just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you guys.

After reading this post, do some of you guys get a case of the ......Woulda, Shoulda, Choulda's sometimes. And if you do, what car would you have like to have gotten instead of the MP3 if any? I'm just curious what you guys might think. And please think economically when thinking of another car.

Last edited:
what do you pay a month for yours? and yes, i too have had the WOULDA COULDA's but, i just keep thinking...when its payed for, it can sit in my garage til i die looking at it. as for another choice, i actually went to buy a p5 when i saw the mp3. so id prob say p5 for right now(not that im giving up the mp3 without a fight)

well here's a different story.......

I traded my C43 Mercedes in for my p5, looking back I wish I WOULDA kept it. but im glad I got my p5 coulda gotten a mp3 but decided I wanted a wagon and I am very happy with it. :D

I forgot to mention that my C43 Benz I had 1more year to pay off. Plus a faster car and put alot of stuff in it!

Last edited:
Mine has nothing to do with my MP3, but a car I bought a while back. I used to have an '88 BMW 528E. Bad ass car. Traded it in when I bought my '95 VW golf Sport. (basically the first 4cylinder GTI) I should have never sold the BMW. It was a sweet ride. I still miss that car almost every day. :(

I traded my 'Mitsushitty' GS in for my MP3. I definitely was happy to get rid of that thing, but I do have to say if I had the money at the time I would of gotten a WRX. But now that I have my MP3, I freakin love this little car! I really wanted the power of the WRX, but just didn't like the look of it like I like the look of the MP3. If you ask me I'd say the MP3 looks a little meaner and I'm sure ya'll feel the same! :) Plus after we got my wife's P5, I really liked how it handled so after that, I just knew I had to get the MP3! Love the P5 just as much though, and I know my wife does too!

yeah my situation is like yours apexi...i WOULDA bought a yellow spec-v, i SHOULDA kept the paid for 94 celica gt, and looking at my financial situation now...i COULDA made a better decision. all this is easy forgotten once i turn the keys of the mp3 and get going..."nothing sounds better than a perfectly executed 4-3 downshift."

ehhh...i figured...i might be poor but at least i'll have a cool car...and besides...being poor doesn't last forever...i hope...

apexistud...do you know the scooby owners parked behind you??

sundevilMP5 said:
ehhh...i figured...i might be poor but at least i'll have a cool car...and besides...being poor doesn't last forever...i hope...

apexistud...do you know the scooby owners parked behind you??

Being poor doesn't last forever and that is a very good way to look at it I hope things will turn around for me this year too. Yeah I know the guys behind me, The Wagon is my friend Subywan Kenobi and the 00' 2.5 RS belongs to one of the guys in our club Redline Motorsports. If you want to see some cool pics of Subywan's Wagon, check out the link in my sig.

I too wish I had made a different decision as far as the financial side of this goes, but yes I really love my MP3. It just needs more power and that is something that will come with time. I'm glad to see I'm not the only guy who has second thoughts about their car.

My "dream" car had always been the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX...either a 98 or a 99. I liked the fact that up here in Canada it is an extremely rare car as there are no dealerships so it's probably even still a more rare car than the MP3. As well it's factory turbo and it's all-wheel drive(especially on our snowy streets) would be great.

The reason I didn't buy one tho was for the same reason I didn't get a WRX...money. It was just too pricey of a hit. For me tho I really love my MP3. It might not have the power, but I figure down the road when I have more green in the wallet I'll build it up more and still have a very rare car...and one with a ton of power to back it up to. :)

i kinda whish i kept my 2001 VW Golf TDI (diesel) ... i traded that for my mp3... it looked stock but it was fast.....

i also wish i didnt sell my 1984 Rabbit GTI... i put about 4 grand into that car... then i hit a tree...:eek: :(

i miss my old babies....:(

lol

but i still love my new baby:D

Back