Brake Problem damn it

n8dawgg

:
mazda 6i
somewhere around 8000 miles on my 6i I started noticing a slight shimmy in the steering wheel while applying brake. Im now just hitting 10k miles and its getting worse, also alot of brake dust on the front wheels, wondering if its cause of too much front bias? anyone else dealing with this?

Last edited:
Everyone is dealing with the brake dust problem. :D

Now the shimmy is a different story. Sounds like a warped rotor to me. Not sure if this would be covered under warranty or not. It is worth a trip to the dealer though just to see if there is anything they will do.

When time comes to replace brake pads, use Raybestos PPG, those are their performance pads. I've used them on all my cars, MUCH less (almost no) brake dust and no noise. Very good pads...kinda pricey.

The dealer replaced the front rotors cause they were warped, and threw in some new pads too, Theres still brake dust all over the place .. sweet!

Intermittent brake scrapping noise

Just had new pads and rotor turned on my 6S. There is an intermittent scrapping noise when I apply the brakes. Is this a brake pad problem or something else. Took it back to mechanic, but he found no problem with noise or rubbing.

just replace your pads with some ceramics pads or really any pad thats not factory, cuz the stock ones are hell on clean wheels ;)

Back