stock deck removal

I need info on removing the stock deck out of the P5...

Thanks,

-kev

BTW: I'm new! I've had my silver P5 for a week now and Im loving it!

ttyl.

-k

Hmmmmmm...

There isn't much activity on this board, is there?

Im still interested in getting some information.

Thanks,

-kev

:(

the trim piece around the radio is removable. But you have to disconnect the ac metal switching line to allow it to come out plus their are several screws that you need to unscrew off the back of the silver piece at the bottom. If you haven't done a head pop before I wouldn't try this one. their is no wire harness or dash kit for the car yet so it has to be custom done. I would let a shop handle this one

removing deck

I did it recently, its easy once you figure it out. Be careful to not scratch your plastic frame though. look at posting on another thread here about adding an aux input to your radio. Some guy has a link on that thread that tells you all about how to get the radio out.

You guys got this wrong - and are setting this guy up for a headache.

There are small trim pieces on the sides of the deck - they pop off with a little wiggling. Once you get them off, get your hands on a removal tool (check eBay, or just go to a shop and ask to borrow them for 10 seconds). Put the removal tools in the holes on the sides that were under the trim pieces, and pull.

Done.

I made my own removal tools!

Hey just make your own removal tools cut them out from a clothes hanger. make two of them to look like this [ ] making them match the holes in the radio. make the part you insert into the radio at least 2 inches long.

Radio Removal

Then visit this site for the additional removal and stock wiring diagram so you will know which cables to splice into.:cool:

Sure, you can do that - that's what I did. And it took me a freakin hour to get the radio out.

Now I'm no dummy - it's just SO much easier with the removal tools. You can even get them off eBay for $10. No headaches, no cursing, no screwing around with coathangers.

Not that it can't be done that way - it absolutley works. It's just that using the tools is a "sure thing" - a cake-walk.

Yup, getting the correct tools is important. After listening to many who used coat hangers to do it, I went to Walmart and got me a pair of ford radio pullers for $4.99. Went home and took the radio out in 10 min. Yes, even with the pullers, you need some time because it's in really tight.

One tip is to remove that middle panel (reserved for the modular cassette or MD), so you can slide your hand in for extra leverage. :)

Back