Sunday Night Cruise

BigBlue

Contributor
Just curious....here in Winnipeg, Sunday night is designated cruise night. It's quite amazing the amount of cars that are out driving down our two main strips of Portage and Main. It used to be more for big block muscle cars, but now it's just nuts. Import cars, sports bikes, american muscle, lo-riders the works.

It's really quite the event now because people actually park all up and down on the streets and bring lawn chairs to watch the moving car show. This weekend was the first nice weekend and the roads at 10 PM were busier than any weekday rush hour. I met some people off this Winnipeg board for the first time on another street and had a great time....there were 2 WRX and 3 Spec V's....and yet to my surprise and total pride I had a ton of people looking at my car and giving compliments. The 2 WRX owners even checked out the front and wished out loud that their front end looked as nice as ours. Having the chance to see the Spec Vs....one thing I noticed was that I didn't think the styling was all that great and secondly...damn it's a common car compared to ours. :)

So I'm just curious now if any of you in your cities have cruise nights or if it's just pockets of cars every night of the week?

Back