Grill Question???

PepiMartinez

:
2003 MP5
I have noticed some diffrences in the appearence of the grill on the Mazda3. It seems like some have the more traditional grill, that has the chrome across the top, with black mesh. However, I also notice that the wagon does not have this grill. It seems like only the wagon's have this grill, but I'm not sure. It seems to varry. IMHO, I like the traditional grill better than the newer grill. Anyway, my ? is does the wagon come with a grill choice, or does it ONLY have the newer styled grill. I would love to know if it only comes with the newer style, if they could switch them at the dealer. If not, I could probably just trade with somebody IF I get the car.

Pepi

I'd guess you would have the choice of grills, like you do with the 6.

I just want to be clear on my terminology first:

'regular grille' (your 'traditional grille') = grille is black. On the Mazda3, the mustauche at the top is body-color

'sport grille' (your 'newer grille') = grille has body-colored horizontal bars

So now that our terminology is clear, here's what N. American-spec Mazda3's get:

Mazda3 Sport (hatch) - sport grille is standard, regular grille not available (regular grille on the hatch is only available overseas)

Mazda3 sedan - regular grille is standard. But if you get the sport package, then you get the sport grille

AHH... thanks for clearing that up... that's crapy - lol. I really like the "regular" girlle MUCH better than the "sport" grille. The sports grille, IMHO, makes the car look cheesy, at least in photo's. Maybe it look good in person. It seems like the front end needs to be broken up a bit. There are some pics from a while back I was just checkin out, and the sport grille just makes the car look too... whats the word i'm looking for here. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Pepi

Sport and non-sport

Here's the the pics I was looking at, which show the diffrent packages, atleast on the sedans:

http://www.mazdaiii.com/vbb230/showthread.php?threadid=30713

Sport packages are pics 2 and 5.
Non Sport packages are pics 1, 3, 4, and 6.

If you notice, the style of the fog's are diffrent, as well as the sport package having the nice looking gfx. You can especialy see this in pic 2.

Way to respond to my own question!!

Pepi.[

Last edited:
Re: Sport and non-sport

PepiMartinez said:
Here's the the pics I was looking at, which show the diffrent packages, atleast on the sedans:

Sport packages are pics 2 and 5.
Non Sport packages are pics 1, 3, 4, and 6.
UMMMMMMMM :wtf:

Back