Ecu

Not even the new AEM plug and play cpu that you can do your own upgrades on your cpu at home. Its in the new Super Street. I am not certain that it will, work but it sounds cool.:D

THe AEM CPU will work when they come out with it. AEM is in progress of developing one for the Protege. I have called them about it. Should be out in the 4th quater. But it does carry a 1500 dollar price tag. Same as a stand alone but the ease of just plugging it in the stock ECU plugs.

If AEM does produce the slap in harness, then I will definately look into going the boosted route. Either way though, producing your own custom harness. I mean take a look at the Skunk2 OBD harness.....I can't believe I payed that much for that thing $265 on my old 97 EX Coupe
9465135-6c5e-017C011D-.jpg

To answer the first question, yes our ECU's are reprogrammable, but only to a degree. WOT, fuel cut out, and the rev limiter apparently are not. I've never hit the rev limiter cuz power falls off so bad above 6k, but that fuel cut out is a b****.

Rather than screw around with those limitations, I'm also waiting on the AEM. I've seen a Honda unit and it is sweet, worth $1500 IMO. You'll need a laptop too, unless you have a PC in your garage.

I have not followed up on the AEM PnP ECU yet, but will it allow you to use a MAP sensor for boost dependant fuel and ignition maps? Or is it limited to the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor that is standard?

Keep that in mind because a turbo kit without boost dependant ignition and fuel control is limiting and potential harmful to your motors health.

Latest posts

Back