Another question for the turbo guys.

JohnQL

I have a manifold in hand to work on my friend's P5 for him. He wants to go turbo. What size is the stock turbo on the 626/probe/mx6? t25? what size injectors are on the P5? are they top feed or side feed? is the fuel setup pretty much conventional fuel system (intake pump, ext fpr, frl, etc)? and does the car have air flow meter? or map? i have yet to look at his car because he lives in another city..but he will be here shortly and i kind of want to find out ahead of time so i know what i'm working with and a time frame. thanks.

If you are referring to the 1st gen MX-6 and probe they used top feed injectors and a IHI model turbo. But teh manifold from one will not work on our cars the head was different. Also I don't think the injectors will work in our cars either. Plus the IHI turbos used in those models used some funky bypasses and other things on them that don't make them good canidates for turboing a NA car.

chdesign said:
If you are referring to the 1st gen MX-6 and probe they used top feed injectors and a IHI model turbo. But teh manifold from one will not work on our cars the head was different. Also I don't think the injectors will work in our cars either. Plus the IHI turbos used in those models used some funky bypasses and other things on them that don't make them good canidates for turboing a NA car.

in the other thread, you stated that the head and block design is the same??? anyways, there are always other options as far as custom fabrication of manifold. but i need to know the type of injectors in the P5, not mx6/626.

The P5 have top feed injectors. I thought you were talking about the 2nd gen MX-6/Probe as they do use our engines but the 1st gens are different. The block is a F design but the head is a SOHC design. For more info on our engines check our www.probenet.com Bryan has a good writeup on the FS engine.

Back