I've always been so confused about this help me out

Togan

My Blueberry Pie P5
Contributor
:
2010 M3 GT SPORT
Which Miata is the 2003 model can anyone tell me? i can never distinguish the difference..:D (dunno)

I chose it so that the head lights were visible, which is the thing that confuses me the most..

miata.jpg

miata.jpg

Yellow is a 2001-2003 model, red is a 1990-97. Actually, that particular red car appears to be a 1994 or later R package, but you've got to be sad to spot the difference.

You missed one - the 1999-00. It's very similar to the 2001-03, but has slightly different details.

Keith

Sorry, alexitov. That's a 1999-00. Here's what the headlights/grille on a 2001-03 look like:

DSCN0052.jpg

Keith

Keith is right, the easist way to distinguish a 2001 and up from a 99-00 is the projector lens in the headlight, plus the front facia is noticably different.

Keith@FP said:
Sorry, alexitov. That's a 1999-00. Here's what the headlights/grille on a 2001-03 look like:

DSCN0052.jpg

Keith

if u compare your miata pic and mine, it seems like mine has an added front lip right?

The picture of the Evolution Orange (Evolution Gold in some markets) 1999 also has the optional Sport body cladding. The red 1994-97 R posted earlier also has the R-package front lip, rear skirt and trunk spoiler. The 2001 has the "basic" body with no addons outside of wheels, springs and the rollbar.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
The picture of the Evolution Orange (Evolution Gold in some markets) 1999 also has the optional Sport body cladding. The red 1994-97 R posted earlier also has the R-package front lip, rear skirt and trunk spoiler. The 2001 has the "basic" body with no addons outside of wheels, springs and the rollbar.

Keith

EVO was a 2000 color?

Here's a '99 and '01 side by side for comparison. See how the headlights, bumper and grill are a little bit different?

nightrun-011.jpg

looks like a drag race to me :D i think the grey shiny one looks better than the white one.. (scratch)

Back