So, any issues with the Mazda6 yet?

Any problems? things breaking, annoyances, TSB's etc etc

What about the Ford V6 engine.....any ford'ish problems yet :)

And how you guys putting in better stereo's?

have a hair under 25k miles on my 6s. only one problem..when car is dead cold..been sitting overnite or more than 6 hrs...first few mins driving car i get clutch chatter. brought it into the dealership at 17k miles they recorded the problem but couldn't duplicate it....other than that...no problems what so ever. i love this damn car:D

There have been a couple of minor things. Recall/TSB to reflash the ECU, fix the foglight wiring and make sure the float level for the brake reservoir doesn't bind up.

The car has been trouble free and a real pleasure to drive. I have discovered something that I don't like. The black on gray labeling of the knobs and switches is difficult to read with sunglasses on.

The V6 in the 6 s is not a Ford engine. It uses the BLOCK from Ford's Duratec, that's all. Everything else is designed and engineered by Mazda.

Seems to be only real minor stuff that mazda has been even proactive on. The TSB's are a good example of that.

The MSP about to go bye-bye?

no no, just that a lot of people come to me about buying cars, and they ask about Mazda of course, and then the 6. So before I say....go buy a 6, I'd like to know if their reliable or not.

Besides, maybe one day, a Mazdaspeed 6 will be around...and you never know, maybe I'll be wanting to trade the speed then :)

And even though it is a duratech block it was originally designed for the SHO taurus by Yamaha so its blocks origin is japanese, thats why its such a stout engine, and the reason its in three models of new Mazda's

1st MP3 in NH said:
wheres the rust?
davecoyne said:
Apparently underneath the door rubber weatherstrips.
Here are some pics of the rust. If you are a Mazda6 owner, please visit the 4DoorZoom Rust Page for details on where to look and what to do.

m6_rust_pubdef_3.jpg

m6_rust_CvilleSix_1.jpg

m6_rust_jstand6_2.jpg

wow - thats pretty evident on such a new car. i was hoping that rust was like communism; dead with the 1980s :D

I had an issue with a gas smell outside the car that whhen repaired turned into a gas smell insiide. Might have been gas in the charcoal canister that I read about in another thread. Anyway, after the second visit to the dealer, problem gone.
BTW- There are not many cars that accomodate my 6'8" frame, but the 6s is great, even with the stick.

Back