pics of painted calipers

newfiep5

painted two of calipers this afternoon..i'll get some pics with my rims on in a few hours ...this was the foliatec caliper paint system..costly at $35 us but hell I Got lots o cash (yeah right)

nice and glossy though still wet here in these pics

caliper1.jpg

caliper2.jpg

caliper3.jpg
:p

nice job, i'm going with orange the color of the sidemarkers.i hope i can match up the colors well.
i think that will look uniform and give the car a grounded look.

anyone have photoshop?
can you do a orange calipers for me on a blue mp3
i want to see if it would be ugly or not.

Hey Newfiep5, how many degrees are those calipers good to hold up too with the paint on em??....i wanted to get mine yellow powdercoated

Nice job newfiep5 Very nice.
As far as an orange caliper...
orange%20caliper.jpg

not the best but you can somewhat get the idea.

Hey Newfiep5....

How do those calipers look once the paint has dried and all? How does the foliatec caliper paint system work? Is it a brush type deal, or spray paint.

I am pissed because I painted my calipers with the red high temp spray paint, and the paint is coming off!!!! I cleaned the calipers thoroughly before painting, and everything...The only thing I could think of is that I didn't apply a type of primer, but I never heard of anyone applying primer anyway, and I dont even know if there IS a high temp primer! I went to the car this morining, and I thought it might've just been a collection of brake dust, wiped the caliper with my finger, and boom, the paint came right off!!!! Talk about pissing me off for the rest of the day!

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to see if re-doing them with this type of paint would be worth it...

If anyones used this stuff and can fill me in, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Another question to add....

Where is the best place to get the foliatec caliper paint? What color is best for calipers on a P5? I have been told blue looks good, but I am leaning towards red at the moment. I am a huge orange fan but I think orange might not look good as a color on calipers.

Oh yeah, Newfiep5, nice, they look good.

thanks heres the scoop and a pic about 5 days later

the paint i got on ebay for 35 US
its a brush on thats mixed with a hardner system in a can..

i gave mine about 3 coats with paint left over...
looks sweet and no chipping or anything so far

pic23.jpg

Looks Nice!

I'm still trying to decide if I'll do it to my P5 or not.
I'm worried about the looks after like for two months.

Just keep the extra paint handy. It should only take a couple minutes to jack up the car real quick and do touchups if it needs it.
JMO

Back