Anyone in North Carolina???

KurtMP3

Question for anyone in North Carolina or the area....

Had a phone call today to a place im applying to down there, its in Charlotte, on Southern Pine Blvd.

Is Charlotte a nice area, anyone know how rent is in that area, nice suburbs to live in, etc etc?

Dont have the job, its a long way off but curious what the area is like and how much rent might ring me down there. Lemme know, cuz maybe in a bit I'll be your neighbour!

Oh ya im in toronto now, so help out the lonely stupid Canadian :)

Charlotte is cool, I have been there a few times. It is like any other city I guess. Smaller than Toronto, but it is the biggest NC city.

As far as NC it is nice. Cold in the winter but not too cold, hardly ever snows. Summer is nice, can get hot. Charlotte is far enough inland that you don't have to worry about hurricanes, but it is possible. You would be about 3.5 hours away from the coast and NC beaches, which are great. NC is humid and sticky feeling in the summer.

If you are wanting to get away from the cold NC is great. I went to the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and almost everyone there that was from up north said they came to NC to get away from the cold.

I dunno about rent, I live in a small town. I know the Raleigh area runs about $600-$800 a month for a nice 1-2 BR apartment. Expect about $1000-$1200 for a 3 BR.

Another good thing about NC is that you can get 93 octane gas here :) As far as I know 93 isn't available everywhere.

being a former charlotte citizen i guess i can say this.... CHARLOTTE ROCKS!!!!

theres tons of nightlife, nice suburbs, and many other things, during the summer it does get hot there, but oh well, you can always head to the mountains or to the beach.

another plus is theres like 2 other mp3's in the city, you could meet up and hang out i suppose.

theres lots of shopping around there too, and every year charlotte has a big ass autoshow at charlotte motorspeedway, which is cool.

and yea it does get sticky here in the summer, but that just makes the girls wear less :D .........

Cool thanks guys, if this job offer gets more serious can i write you 2 if I have more questions about the area?

Thanks again

I work in downtown Charlotte. I am staying with my brother until my wife and I get setteled in. Still have to sell my house in Hendersonville, which is 2 hours away from Charlotte.

I have been working for 1.5 years and went to school for 3 in Charlotte, and is a nice place.

If there is anything that I can help with, E-mail me.

Back