schooled an eclipse...

derrick1623

'Content Monkey'
Contributor
:
'07 Mazda3, True red
i was just drivin along, jammin out, when this white eclipse pulls up next to me and downshfted to i guess 2nd gear...we were slowing down for a light, but he tapped his gas to show off his exhaust or whatever...light wnt green, i went into 2nd...and even gave him about a car's length...then i floored it, went through 2nd, into 3rd...blew past him, shifted to 4th...then i went up and turned around...he followed suit, and i did the exact same thing on the way back up da street. it was cool!

my boyfriend has a new eclipse, and I BARELY take him. but then again, i have than s*** where you have to beg the car to shift into second when i race. when im going down the street it goes into second fine, when i really get on it, it takes everything i got to slam it into second. but i still take him every time regardless
kat

this was a f+f type...95-97 ithink... eclipse, but it felt damn good to whoop him...it muct be da injen or something like that.

i get beaten like a red headed step child everytime i race my friends 97 Gs-T, well he beats me until we hit a curve at least, hehehe

you probably raced the non- turbo version.. b/c the turbo version goes 0-60 in around 6 seconds. but still its a good kill...

derrick1623 said:
...then i floored it, went through 2nd, into 3rd...blew past him, shifted to 4th...then i went up and turned around...he followed suit, and i did the exact same thing on the way back up da street. it was cool!

Wow. do me a fav, since I am new to the FWD market...what does the MP3 have that the regular proteges don't?

katsmp3 said:
but then again, i have that s*** where you have to beg the car to shift into second when i race.
kat
What kind of trans oil are you running?

I have always liked Neo and have been keeping it in the miatas with excellent results. GL-5 rating and you can literally feel the more positive hookup off the line and a much smoother shift feel.

I traded in my old GS Eclipse for my MP3.... that thing was a nightmare to mod. Unless you have the turbo!! I just tell anyone I see don't buy a 'Mitsushitty', unless it's the turbo! I don't think you can go wrong with the GS-T's, their pretty quick!:D

Back