ATTENTION: spoolinmp3

JohnQL

spoolinmp3, i have a few questions for you about your turbo setup. why would you use twice the injector amount at 550cc when you're not even making anywhere near enough power to use all that?? a k16g on 1100cc (lets pretend you custom made the second fuel rail and tapped in and 2=1 injector concept) is a bit over done dont you think? even a t78 (my friend's supra makes ~750rwhp using only 850cc and that's plenty nough) on 1100cc injectors are. also, what kind of injectors are in the mp3? high resistance (saturated)? top feed or side feed? also, you're using a stock fuel pressure reg? as well as 2.5" piping, but you need 1100cc???? i know supra guys that do twin pump setups with only 720cc injectors so i am very curious of your setup. is it possible that you can post some pics of your setup? also, who did your harnessing for your standalone as well as wiring? what is your fuel setting? any dyno charts?

I will get some pics out asap....I just need to get a hold of my freinds didgital camera.
So you ask why all these injectors for so little power?????
Here is your awnser. I was originally going to use 4 additional injectors of an integra. A great deal came along for a set of 550cc injectors....so I got those instead. Is this overkill....well for now yes it is.....but will I stay at 8psi forever no. I plan to go to 18-20 psi after I upgrade internals. Thats 400hp on a very small displacement engine. Do these injectors hinder my performance now?? The awner is no since I am running such a low capacity on them. As far as my injectors are set up, the secondary fuel rail is set up on top of intake manifold a little north of where the stock fuel rail and injectors are.

Why would I need an upgraded fuel pressure regulator? That makes no sense?? I am not running an FMU. On a stand alone or piggyback fuel system all you need is an inline fuel pump. If you wanna see posts of my setup go to the tech forum and you will find plenty of pics on my setup from beginning to end minus the fuel rail since I am just putting that in. What is my fuel at? I dont know because I am using a link system and the numerical value alotted toboost, ignition and fuel maps and settings have no correlation to real worl setups. For example my I am running 8psi but in my link computer its running 116kps. And I am running plenty of fuel because my EGT temps are at 1350f. Also my car was tuned on a wide band o2 for accuracy.
As for my standalone....its running only boos, ignition and fuel, and the stock ecu is running parallel and controlling a/c, fans ect. Toyomoto was going to originally tune and install the system but they had to many people in front of me so I took it somewhere else. Once my car is put back together(as stated in a previous thread) It will finally go to toyomoto and I will post so all are welcome to come see it do some more dyno runs.

next time you go to toyomoto, tell him john and danny said hi. :)

spoolinmp3 said:
I will get some pics out asap....I just need to get a hold of my freinds didgital camera.
So you ask why all these injectors for so little power?????
Here is your awnser. I was originally going to use 4 additional injectors of an integra. A great deal came along for a set of 550cc injectors....so I got those instead. Is this overkill....well for now yes it is.....but will I stay at 8psi forever no. I plan to go to 18-20 psi after I upgrade internals. Thats 400hp on a very small displacement engine. Do these injectors hinder my performance now?? The awner is no since I am running such a low capacity on them. As far as my injectors are set up, the secondary fuel rail is set up on top of intake manifold a little north of where the stock fuel rail and injectors are.

Why would I need an upgraded fuel pressure regulator? That makes no sense?? I am not running an FMU. On a stand alone or piggyback fuel system all you need is an inline fuel pump. If you wanna see posts of my setup go to the tech forum and you will find plenty of pics on my setup from beginning to end minus the fuel rail since I am just putting that in. What is my fuel at? I dont know because I am using a link system and the numerical value alotted toboost, ignition and fuel maps and settings have no correlation to real worl setups. For example my I am running 8psi but in my link computer its running 116kps. And I am running plenty of fuel because my EGT temps are at 1350f. Also my car was tuned on a wide band o2 for accuracy.
As for my standalone....its running only boos, ignition and fuel, and the stock ecu is running parallel and controlling a/c, fans ect. Toyomoto was going to originally tune and install the system but they had to many people in front of me so I took it somewhere else. Once my car is put back together(as stated in a previous thread) It will finally go to toyomoto and I will post so all are welcome to come see it do some more dyno runs.

yes, i know danny also. he's on vacation right now...my parts were supposed to be shipped out last week! but now i have to wait till tomorrow (or today since its past 12 :) ) for them to send. the dan i was speaking of is the owner of the 570rwhp monster is300.

i understand that with your project, you're working on it and planning for the future (hence the over sized fuel setup), but dont you think that it's still a bit excessive? do you plan on making around 800+ whp????

Actually I plan on making 3000hp:eek:
Just kidding.
I just think it would be cool. Plus I have a guy that wants to buy my injectors and I plan on using some acura grs injectors.

I heard of dannys car but never saw it.......Yeah I was thinkin of goin on the cruise with danny but I am going to the gap instead www.dealsgap.com ;)

spoolinmp3 said:
Actually I plan on making 3000hp:eek:
Just kidding.
I just think it would be cool. Plus I have a guy that wants to buy my injectors and I plan on using some acura grs injectors.

I heard of dannys car but never saw it.......Yeah I was thinkin of goin on the cruise with danny but I am going to the gap instead www.dealsgap.com ;)

what kind of injectors are they (high or low res)? are they top feed or side feed?? let me know, i might be interested.

Back