Chat?

DooMer_MP3

Experience my Member
First off, thanks for this great board! Second, now that we have many more users, I thought that chat might be better now. When I tried going to it, I couldn't connect. Is this still running? I think it would be much better now with the increase in users! Thanks!

Chris

I'll put it in but I need to fork over some more cash for the chat applet... If it were a personal site I might just crack it but I don't want the board to get in trouble.

I'll check the piggy bank.

dude, just set up a donation box or something, so we can all help to pay for stuff like that! i'll be one of the first contributors!

I posted this before but never got any response is this not cool or did no one see it ??

The offer is still open.

Chat room for the forum if you like !!
Chat Live Offer
Hello All

I run a website for the track i race at, and on the site i have a chat room.
I see this topic has been brought up before so im not sure if anyone would care to take advantage of this or not but, if you ladys and gents care to, feel free to use it.

There may be others from SK Canada on it in the future, for now though it dosnt get alot of use as race season here is a bit away still, so again if those here would like to use it as well cool, feel free! go here:

http://www.bridgecityspeedway.com/chat.htm

Let me know what you think, and to the moderators i hope i am not stepping on any toes if so please let me know.

Thank you

I like Chat rooms

I think that a chat room would be what this site needs, then we can all talk at once!! intstead of trying to catch each other on all the time... you know how it is trying to see when the next time someone is going to be online... I am just sayin that i think that it would be a great idea. I wouldn't mind putting some money in on it either, and if these guys are on here as much as I think that they are, then I dont think that they will have a problem putting a little money into it, b/c they spend so much time here that it would be like investing in something that keeps on growing!!!

Later, Monique :p

what about free scripts? like cgi-resources.com, theperlarchive.com? maybe.

enry said:
I'll put it in but I need to fork over some more cash for the chat applet... If it were a personal site I might just crack it but I don't want the board to get in trouble.

I'll check the piggy bank.

Trust me, though I love open source and probably could throw together my own chat applet in a few days, cgi based chats are not really real-time and use an alot of cpu resources for the service they provide. Plus you will appreciate the applet I want to purchase, which is a true IRC applet which means you can connect with any chat client (like mIRC or BitchX for you IRC junkies), and I can install any open source ircd on the box. I can also install any old IRC bot, and maybe even hack it a bit so that it can authenticate irc users off the vbulletin database and give moderators ops in the chat.
I got some loose cash from the donations yesterday so I am going to purchase the applet sometime today.

ok, I purchased jpilot, set up an ircd and I am compiling an eggdrop. should be done in a few hours.

-e

Suggestion About The Donations...

My Suggestion is that you open a thread with a $???.?? Goal so we can all Donate what we can. It would be nice if you keep updating the thread with the current amount until we reach the Goal.

I believe we can all chip in to make this site the best out there.
PM me when you need some financial help... I will always be happy to donate some cash to make this site the best.:D

Back