Turbo Civic vs C5 Corvette

BigBlue

Contributor
This will likely get posted multiple times anyhow, but here's a cool link.

Basically a turbo Civic and a C5 Corvette throw down for a race....basically the Civic is the kinda thing I want to do completely with my car and is why I'm so interested in a custom turbo. I want to build a "bulletproof" engine built up the right way and use it as a daily driver with the option of taking out Corvettes when necessary. :)

It's a long read, but pretty damn funny!

Check it out!

Yeah, it's everywhere!

Crapola, I just spent the last 45 minutes reading on this one subject. It was pretty good though. I think the discrimination aganst econo-race cars is just based on the fact of how much a car cost for some of those Vette owners. If it ain't at least 50 grands it ain't s***. I would think that the Vette owners would realize that some folks buy econo-cars and sport it up because of the challenge it presents to the owner. Sure it is cheaper on the wallet and in the prestige section in the first place, but to see a tiny engine in a sub-US$30K (or even sub-US$20K) car run as fast as a US$50K+ sports car is just something else.... balls and pride, baby! I'm gonna pass this around to all my co-workers with their V8s and V12s who do not believe in a 4-banger's ability... they will be very shocked... while me and the minority group who owns a 4-cylinder will be grinning for the rest of the day! :D

Hehe finally someone came and read this thread...thought nobody would go there and check it out. It was a pretty funny thread to be sure and the Corvette sorta had it coming as he was cocky as hell before hand.

That's a great thread.

Actually, around here, there is a raging stereotype that Corvette owners are nothing more than mullet-sporting, red necks who need a flashy, fast car to pick up women who otherwise would never date them in the first place.

Also, many people are not interested in driving a car that in two years will sound like you shaking a coffee can of screws as you drive it down the road.

Plus, what is up with that 80's interior?

Just repeating the word on the street...

Honestly, I think the Corvette (latest gen body style, particularly the Z06 model...:D ) and NSX are my two most preferred premium sports car around (let me add - that ARE in CURRENT production and that are realistically within my own financial reach). I love the rear design of the Vette, sooo noticeable if out in a crowded parking lot. Over all it is SWEET. Only thing I dislike about it is the front end design... I do not like flip headlights, I think they're disgusting. :eek:

This is why the NSX is going to be one up over the Vette for me, they've rid of those flip crap. It is definitely a "WOW!" attack. They even have the "orange" flavor Mazdaspeed will be offering. Except NSX's orange looks just a LITTLE better... nah, tons better. :D

A buddy of mine a few years ago bought his dream car M3 ('99). After just having (aggressively) paying off his M3 last month, his goal is to be able to afford a M5 in the future. Mine on the other hand is the NSX. Hopefully in another 7 - 10 years I will be settled down enough to be able afford one (too bad a house can't do the Zoom-Zoom). Would have to be a second car though. Thus, this "econo-exotic" and very sweet MP3 here will be my beater car by that time. :D

Back