free mod

rdhuran

hey guys i just moded my car ... i took out the sound resonater from the bottom of my intake ... the sound is a little louder ... Zoom Zoom

I took off the intake resonator ... and also too broke right now too buy a real intake and the only have short ram intakes for my car and i want a cold air

This has been an ongoing debate over at the other 6 forum. Supposedly some bloke in Australia put in on the dyno with the 2.3L and gained almost 11hp removing the bottom half of the factory intake. Personally, I am still undecided on it, 11hp seems like alot to me.

rdhuran-
And who has ram-air intakes, are you talking about the AutoExe one?

the aussie is wrong. there is another post on that site which shows only a 1 hp gain for doin the mod. it has no impact at all on the car. so it's a big waste of time

ha ha you forgot about the Mod you did to your car at the meet yesterday night....

oh yah i also took off my grill last night at the meet at life plaza ... i like it all i need 2 do is put mesh on there ... i really don't care about the hp gain ... whether it be 1 or 11 .... it just sounds alot better with it off

My free mods include removing the resonator box, pulling the "tray" out of the airbox, and cutting out the panel over the intake "tuba". I also ran ground wires from the TB to the battery. The only thing I can report other than bitchen' music from under the hood is that it does seem to pick up the next gear better than it used to, which suggests to me that any horsepower gains may be in the mid range rather than up top. It certainly doesn't feel any slower. Fuel economy seems to be suffering a little, but I'm quite sure that is due to my right foot, not the mods themselves. I do have a homemade TRUE cold air intake in the works, as do several other 6 owners at other forums.

I have been thinking about removing the factory restrictors as well, still undecided though...

I wish I had a dyno to finally put this issue to rest...

side markers?

Mazdaspeed6S said:
I have been thinking about removing the factory restrictors as well, still undecided though...

I wish I had a dyno to finally put this issue to rest...

Hey on ur sig ... the pic of ur car has clear side markers ... i was wondering where u got it from???

Back