Factory H.I.D's?

sjdmp5

I was driving along Eglington Ave. in Toronto on Wednesday night when I see a black Mazda 6 GT V6 heading towards me. We were both in heavy traffic so I got a good look at the car, anyway it had H.I.D's! I'm sure they weren't bulbs and the guy driving looked older so I don't know if he would have installed an aftermarket kit. They were the projector beams on the outside of the lights, closest to the fenders. Any ideas?

I dunno..The other day I say a loaded laser blue V6 Mazda 6 that I thought I saw HID's on as well..im not sure either..i was going to actually make the same post..since mazdausa says nothing about HID's

or im thinking this......maybe cause of the projector headlights it makes it look as if they have HIDs but then again i could be wrong.

Here are the headlights on mine... Did it look like this?

fbeb36dd.jpg

If so they are just halogen, not HID. But damn they look nice! :D

Yeah I saw a Mazda6 the other day by me that looked liked it had hids. What type of bulbs do they use for low beams anyway?

Since Mazda offers them on the Japanese and European Atenzas, the lights are already offered, it would be easy for Mazda to offer them here. A mid year change maybe? Mazdaspeed6S, they did look just like yours but if you look at the Atenza it has the identical lights to our 6 just with HID's instead of halogens.

N. American-spec Mazda6's do not have factory HID's (not even as an option). So if you're sure the car had HID's then it was a kit. The kits aren't too difficult to get, I know two Mazda6 owners in Toronto that have installed HID kits on their cars.

Having said that, the standard Mazda6 low-beam is projector-type and in certain angles may look like HID's anyways.

mazda6 in holland has hid as an option ,
standard on the 2.3L engine model

and u cant see the difference between oem and aftermarktet hids in a projector lens....

I think Mazda missed the boat by not giving us HID's this year ('04) too seeing as the overseas models offer them, and the RX8 and upcoming 3 offers them as options!

Not fair.

scorp76 said:
I think Mazda missed the boat by not giving us HID's this year ('04) too seeing as the overseas models offer them, and the RX8 and upcoming 3 offers them as options!

Not fair.

I agree! I think that they should've put them on the 03's as well. Man if my car had HID's & the Navi then not a car for under $40k would come close! (IMO) :D

Back