The new Speed 3 turbo manifold?

big_ben

Contributor
I am definately going turbo with my MP3. I will pose this question to mainly spoolin and chldesign. The articles say that mazda is using a Garrett T25 turbo. Will the mounting plate match up with that of a Garrett T3? I figured you guys would know. I hope the dealer wont jack up the price on the manifold. I'm already buying the parts for the turbo now. I'm going to build my own turbo. I've already ordered the compressor housing. I'm going to buy all the parts over the next six months or so, so that the cost wont jurt so bad. I'm also not going to use an intercooler at first to keep the cost down. What else should I need, new ignition, higher pressure fuel pump. I'd rather not go stand alone if possible. Please give me your input.

Yeah it'd be super nice to see a sort of shopping list of stuff necessary for a turbo....can kinda include a MUST HAVE stuff(the turbo itself lol) and the NICE TO HAVE type stuff (like an upgraded clutch for instance).

I know I'd love to see that....it'd probably make a great addition to the tech forum as a matter of fact because there are a few people around who want a turbo but in my case(and from the sounds of it Big Ben's) we'd like to space out the cost of it by buying some of the necessary parts over time and then just slapping on all the parts in one big automotive surgery. :)

For your fuel options check the fuel enrichment threads. I'm using an FMU and it goes way rich now. You could go with an additional injector setup but that will run you close to 640 +installation. What else do you need? A whole lot of stuff. I can send you the spreadsheet of what my kit uses if you want to give you a start. I think that the T25 does use teh same T3 flange but I'm not completly sure about that. It may be the same size but a little smaller. I have a T25 on mine but the turbine seciton is a Mitsu TD05H housing for better spooling. Plus I've upgraded to T28 Wheels which would kill a T3 anyday. Write me an e-mail and I will see if I can find my components list. ferrari246gtdino@aol.com

The turbo list is a good idea. How about it spoolin and chldesign. If you could, make a list of a bare bones system. Basically the minimun you have to have to run a turbo and not destroy your car. I have a pretty good idea of what all you need, but I'd like some more knowlegable advice.

chdesign : I've got the bare bones list for my setup. I fyou want it just ask it is in Excell spreadsheet form.

i'll take me a look at a copy of dat please sir.

Yeah I'd love to receive that too....whip it off to my email when you get the chance papineau@ca.ibm.com.

I think what I can then do is further write up the list with additional options and the more luxury type stuff as well as giving a description for each of the parts and what exactly it does(I'll probably get some input from you and SpoolinMP3 on that one chdesign)and get it added to the Tech Forum. If anything, it'd be a great way for me to get an idea of the different parts and what they are used for.

Manifold
Turbo
Intercooler
BOV
BOV flange
Intercooler pipe
Oil feed and return lines
Connectors for oil lines
Inline fuel pump
FMU 10:1
All hoses and clamps for charge pipes

OPTIONAL
2.5 Exhaust
Clutch
Ignition controller

This is for a simple and healthy 6-7 psi system that will give you about 190-200hp at the flywheel.\

If you want specs for a higher output system email me

Hmmm that's weird I just clicked on the email link and sent you one that way and it seemed to send off. All I was saying anyhow was that I plan on going with more boost for more hp, but that I want a car that I can have as a daily driver still. I don't plan to sell this car for quite some time so for me getting forged internals, a standalone comp and an LSD are probably a good idea.

SpoolinMP3,

You have a stand-alone Engine Management System. Where did you get the Fuel MAP from? I am curious, cause I am looking into the Stand Alone.

Back