ADVICE: Small fender bender

Coqui258

Contributor
:
2003 Black Mica Protege5
Hey guys... as some of you may recall, I had a post in the P5 section about our bumpers and how good they are. Well, for those who don't know, i'll recap.

First, I was at a light and some idiots in a car behind me tap me in the back enough to jolt the car. I get out to check and it's fine, no damage, just a small small scratch. I looked around and found nothing, so I let it go.

Second time, a couple days LATER, I'm on the highway... and I notice some guy behind me driving on my ass. So thenthe traffic ahead slows down very fast, and as I am being cautious to stop fine, the idiot behind me can't stop fast enough like my car, and right before we come to a complete stop, he hits me!

We pull to the side of the highway and as I'm checking my bumper, he asks if I want his info, so I'm like yeah. I'm looking at the bumper and notice a small paint chip in the lower part of the bumper, and he comes and gives me his phone number and license plate number. I tell him that I don't see too much damage, and he says to call him if anything is messed up. I didn't get his insurance info cause I didn't want him to think that I was gonna make a claim, but at least got his info.

So a couple days later I'm looking at my car and notice that my muffler tip looks bent! I see that the car DID hit me there and the bumper right above it is a lil bent. (i'll take pics tomorrow)

Now my question is... what should I do? It wasn't a hard hit, but there apparently is damage. And I know it was the second guy cause he had a car where they have the 2 front rubber bumper pieces (the car was from NY, figures), and you can see where it hit my tip and bumper. Do I call him and tell him that I'm gonna take it in to see if there's real damage?

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Yeah I remember Razor... thanks. I'm just the type of guy who doesn't like to inconvenience someone, but I have to do what I have to do.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Should I call him just to let him know that I'm taking it in to get checked out, and that it might need work?

Just get an estimate, make sure they check out ALL of the exhaust, and with a hit like that the styrofoam and stuff under the cover probably needs replacing. Then give him a call.

I'm dealing with a similar problem. I was rear ended leaving Ozzfest by a drunk. His insurance is a joke. They won't even pay the full rental charges! Only 23.99 a day! I wasn't going to deal w/ insurance, but the guy gave me a phone # that no one answers, and the insurance info I got had expired in feb. Luckily that insurance company gave me the new policy and insurance info.

Yeah I read that in the other thread... I SHOULD have gotten his insurance information, but seeing that it was no damage, by instincts I just got him phone # and stuff like that... but anyway, I'm gonna get the estimate done when I take it in for inspections. Thanks for the advice guys!

Back