Intake installation

its pretty self explainitory.
1. Clamp blue connection on throttle body
2. Clamp pipe with nipple to that
3. Blue connector to that
4. stock MAF to that, the another blue connector
5. second pipe
6. Finally, filter to that

Oh, and be sure to hook up the sensor from the stock wiring into the second pipe where the little whole is with the black rubber ring.

here is a picture of when mine was installed...too bad i didnt know all these people bought these at the time cause i just threw it away in joy when i got my injen via ups...

Attachments

• ebay_intake.jpg
    ebay_intake.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 59
yes you remove the entire stock setup...all that ram-air looking crap, all the way back to the intake manifold

Hey Rism

That looks just like my Ractive intake but the install should be pretty straightforward. However, you have to be careful with the position of the rear pipe. Make sure when you lock everything down that that pipe is not touching the master brake cylinder. You will know right away when you hear a knocking when you are driving. If you leave it, you will eventually get a hole in the pipe and that's not good. I also found that one of the three rubber connectros was slightly smaller and I used that one on the intake manifold.

Here is a picture of mine. I had my pipes powder coated so that it matches my red/yellow scheme. These are old pictures and I have done more since.

ractive1.jpg

ractive2.jpg

It may or may not happen to you but my bracket broke and I replaced it with one I made myself. Here are some shots

newbracket1.jpg

newbracket2.jpg

That top shot is also old and I have since fixed the look and repainted.

RazorP5 said:
hey sky, where did you get that oil cap, and for how much? sorry to threadjack

Razor

on the other board (protegeclub.com) there is a guy in Vancouver selling them. They are custom made and come in different colours. I forget how much they were. The price also depends on if you get engraving or not.

If you go over to that site, they are listed in the Parts for sale section under custom oil cap.

Ok so i would need to take out the 2 things circled in this pic. Before i put the intake in, right?

yes, in addition to the black piping that goes from the higher circle to the intake manifold

ive seen that, even more ridiculously priced...not that i dont agree with his pricing, but i would shoot myslef before i spent 60 bucks on a tiedown :(

hmmmm i was thinkin. When u get your car inspected do u have to take the intake out. Cause some modified intakes are illegal right?

Back