Thanks KCAGLE!!!!!!

SDROTARY

Remember me ezrider? I am the lying sack who said there is no such thing as a mazda speed 3. thanks again for verifying for me. I also just heard from MNAO(Mazda North American Operations) that they will be selling quite a few permance parts at certified MAZDASPEED dealers. so talk to the one in your area. There is a good possibility they will have a bolt on kit for our cars. My brother who works in the parts dept at mazda, went to watch the Mazda Star series at CA raceway with members of MNAO and all they did was talk of the new performance parts that were coming, including a bolt on turbo, no clue on specs but will likely be a small ( T3 or T25) turbo and no idea on boost, intercooler, ect. look fir it in early 2003.
Thanks again to KCAGLE for calling mazda and verifying for us that it is true. And as for ezrider, you need to watch your ignorant ass and who you talk S@#t too because you are obviosly not as informed as you thought you were...

I can see this post finding it's way to the flamewar forum pretty fast. :D

I will point out tho that ezrider wasn't saying they wouldn't ever come out with any car but was seriously questioning the HP figure of 230-240 that you quoted. As it now seems the HP will be around 170 which is a far cry from what you stated.

I think that the announcement of this new vehicle will be a good thing though because it means more aftermarket parts for everybody.

SDROTARY said:
I HOPE I CAN CLEAR SOME OF THE AIR REGARDING NEW MAZDAS. THE NEW PERFORMANCE MODEL OF THE PROTEGE IS GOING TO BE THE MAZDA SPEED 3, NOT AN MP3. I DO FINANCE AT A MAZDA DEALERSHIP AND MY GENERAL MANAGER TOLD ME MAZDA TOLD HIM THE NEW MODEL WILL BE 230-240 HP TURBO 2.0 MORE THAN LIKELY BASED ON THE CURRENT 9.0 COMPRESSION 2.0.

Thank You Big Blue that is exactly what i meant. I was just about to get all fired up. I think kcagle proved that if we need any information on upcoming models to go to him. LOL He proved myself and other members like oceanpark to be correct. 240 hp is just too much right now. I knew it was a lie. I am not a trouble maker it was just the fact that sdrotary kept insisting that it was true 230-240hp like he knew for sure. Now we can all see. I will leave with that. Long live the MP3.

SDROTARY said:

Your gonna feel like a dildo when the Mazda Speed 3 comes out with a turbo, and 230-240hp, wheras everyone else will be excited. Youll probably debate whether or not it is really making that much hp.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy...

What's really cool though is it's still called a Protege...

Not a Mazdaspeed 3.

It'll probably be the same price to insure...I know when I went to insure my car anyways they didn't have an entry specifically for an MP3 so they just entered it as a Protege which probably saved me a bit of money.

Back