(2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege 2.0l Turbo

tritonheat1

Banned
:
06 MS6, 98 A4 1.8T Rebuilt
(HOLY S*%^) THE 2003 MAZDA MAZDASPEED PROTEGE 2.0L TURBO, is really coming out showing at the new york auto show debut." It features 2.0L DOHC 16-Valve I-4 T-25 garrett turbocharged intercooled (LSD) limited slip differential, new added clutch set with cross drilled rotors, sporting racing harts 17"rims on bridgestone potenza's ROe40's.

Performance: Alot of Zoom,Zoom and Boom Boom 2

170hp 5500rpm's (estimated)
155ft-lbs 4500rpm's (estimated)
curb weight 1279kbs,- 2843lbs
height 55.5 inches
colors black, and vibrant orange
2000 only made in U.S. and canada

the best thing is it sports is a new KENWOOD Excelon-KDC-MP919 450-watt stereo system. 6-speaker system 2 front 6x9 coaxial 2 rear speakers with a 8-inch mounted trunk subwoofer with a 250watt amplifire. (50watt per channell).

check out www.protegetech.com go to protegesearch then type mazda mp3. as you will be taken to 1-18found scroll the bar down and then youll see mazdaspeedprotege.htm 2003 click that and shows you everything.
This babe is going to rock cant wait till this babe comes out i'll be the first to have this sporty looking baby. Honda and Acura can say Mazda has made the new Mazdaspeed protege zoom-zoom and boom-boom.:) :eek: :D :) :eek: :D

I think its pretty kewl and all but to be totally honest i am quite upset with this new revelation and i think mazda is wasting TOO much money bringing this out. I think they can do much better by putting the FS-ZE engine in the North American protege's and then we can start comparing to the GS-R's and the GT-S's and the SE-R's because they are N/A. If you put the same small turbo in one of those we cant compete and again, we are s*** out of luck against them. I am happy to see a turbo being made for the car but i want more N/A power out of the dealership and THEn go turbo. just my .02 cents

Yeah, a 30 HP gain off boosting it sucks. Either they are running boost way low cause they are too lazy to beef up the internals, or the kit really blows.

I hope they make it though cause then we will have a good turbo manifold hehe.

170hp isn't bad. Mazda probably set it at a really low boost setting like the older 1.8T VWs. Those were only 150hp! Just get it chipped or something and you'd probably get a huge power gain. I used to drive VWs, ppl on messageboards got their car up to 200hp+ just by raising the boost and nothing else.

I don't see the big deal about having a car being N/A just to compare to the likes of Type Rs and Sentra SE-R .. screw them :) a turbo Protege would still be in the same class as them, and whoop them to boot :D HOwever, I'd watch out for that limited edition VW GTi called the GTi 337 Edition w/18" rims, lowered suspension, full bodykit and 3" chrome exhaust ... 1500 production run, similar to the mp3. That thing sounds pretty hype. I wonder if they'd be 18" BBS rims, oh, that'd be sooo hype! *drool*

Dude this is monumental....who cares if we cant compare to rsx and gts's. Hell now we can compare to better cars like the wrx:D .
If a car comes turbo from the factory it will be a lot easier to modify then an n/a car. Just by upgrading an exhaust and airfilter you will realize gains of another 20-25hp. Now do that same setup on an n/a car and you will get like what 5-7hp. Plus the fuel system will be nice and beefy so we dont have to go stand alone and just get an upgraded chip like the wrx and audi guys. Just getting an upgraded chip should get us another 30hp bringing up another 60 hp with the above mods. That does not even include upgrading the intercooler or turbo. So dont be too quick to judge.....turbo is a very very very GOOOOD thing;)

sometimes i wish there was another brand i liked other than mazda... i like nissan a lot but dislike the ser spec v styling, but at least they dont pull this kind of JOKES on customers... if the rx-8 gets a good price and no more stupid Special Edition stuff i will get one of those, and hopefully some day nissan will release a nice 4 or 5 seater sports car.

OH MY GOD!!! I posted about it along time ago but man no pics until now. WOW and if SPARCO is designing the interior it will be P-I-M-P PIMP!!!!!

turbo is a very very very GOOOOD thing

Yes it is...watch out VW!...This is awesome...they upgraded this "new MP3" with very solid parts...nice package...turbo (The turbocharger incorporates the latest in aerodynamic and ball-bearing technology), LSD, plus a ton of stuff...Don't worry MP3 peeps...you guys are still OG...but Mazda just sent reinforcements!

Anyone have Price info?....Anyone going to get one?

wow that makes me depressed. good thing is...we can get those parts now...WITH A WARRANTY! if this mazdaspeed protege really comes through...im definitely gonna upgrade my car with oem parts.

Looks and sounds to be damn sweet...not much more power than our cars, but a lot more potential than ours for more power for certain. I'm interested at the cost of one of these things....do you all think it will clock in near the same price??

no way...LSD, turbo, sparco! and whatnot...look to see at least 4grand tagged on. maybe more.

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdddddjmlytal;;dmm,./////.

Now how am I going to get that new MSPro. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I love it. :( I want one. What about the Pro 5 turbo AWD?

im definitely miffed about this car now. i cant wait till im done with school and the money starts rolling in. :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

Man this is so great and i guess that i will be waiting for the Mazdaspeed protege to hit the compact market soon in the 4th quarter of 2002, so i guess that will be in September to December.????Price range i don't have a clue but i will be guessing around $20,000 at least. Ohh and another good thing is i called corksport couple of days ago and the guy name glenn said that there building a custom Turbo for the MP3 soon but it doesn't come with an intercooler. He said the boost will be around 10-12psi and the kit costs around $1400-1800."" 2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed protege, hurry up and be ready to be babied like a 4yr old month baby, cause i will be washing you 4times a week and make you shine like a sun in the sky."":) :D :eek: :) :D :eek:

spoolinmp3 said:
Dude this is monumental....who cares if we cant compare to rsx and gts's. Hell now we can compare to better cars like the wrx:D .
If a car comes turbo from the factory it will be a lot easier to modify then an n/a car. Just by upgrading an exhaust and airfilter you will realize gains of another 20-25hp. Now do that same setup on an n/a car and you will get like what 5-7hp. Plus the fuel system will be nice and beefy so we dont have to go stand alone and just get an upgraded chip like the wrx and audi guys. Just getting an upgraded chip should get us another 30hp bringing up another 60 hp with the above mods. That does not even include upgrading the intercooler or turbo. So dont be too quick to judge.....turbo is a very very very GOOOOD thing;)

I definately agree with spoolin. The gains from a factory turbo'd vehicle are usually much greater than NA. Like some WRX's gaining as much as 12whp just from using a conical filter. Or gaining a 9-15lb ft of torque by using a better designed down pipe. I'll definately be switching vehicles if I ever get money again.:( This MP3 has cleaned me out

Well it says:
"Delivering an estimated 170 horsepower solidly to the ground..."

I wonder if they mean HP at the wheels? Probably not, but it is fun to dream isn't it...

:D

All i want it to come out for is so i can grap teh ECU out of it and the injectors and bam I've got teh same damn car just in the body style that I like :D

Mannnnnnnnnn I should have waited.........

This is so uncool I don't beleive this, how can they do this to us........release a better car in such a short while when we are stuck with our N/A road huggers.:mad: I don't quite like the orange color but the Black:p heh, heh.......that would be cool. Now the question is what internal changes if any are there to the cars engine to put up with the turbo. 170whp that means......what 190hp or 200 :confused:, But no where near what spoolin got going....but then again the warranty....ahhh...oh well I guess only time will tell what to expect from this new beast.

I prefer to look at it as Mazda is responding to our cry for more power. It sure would have been nice if they had been a year faster.

Back