Fear Factor

redwagon02

:
'08 F150 FX2 screw - '06 G35 coupe - '06 GSXR600
Anyone watch fear Fear Factor last night? In particular the second stunt when they had to eat balot. What? My parents would've f@cked that sh!t up for free.

Last edited:
I actually did see that....it didn't seem so bad as some of the things they've made them eat on past episodes. I personally don't like the food stunts as that has really nothing to do with fear and just to do with if you can stomach strange new foods.

BigBlue said:
I actually did see that....it didn't seem so bad as some of the things they've made them eat on past episodes. I personally don't like the food stunts as that has really nothing to do with fear and just to do with if you can stomach strange new foods.

strange foods? do you know what a balot is? not sure that is spelled right...but its pronounced BA-LOOT....its a phillipine delicasy...so they call it....first they take fertilized duck eggs....let the duck get about half formed...the they ferment them, they smell nasty BEFORE you ever open them up...you can imagine what they smell like AFTER you crack them open! ....I was in the phillipines in the early 80's....kids would run the streets with baskets of these things selling them....well sooner or later late in the evening...SOMEONE would get s*** faced...and would get dared to eat one.....you would get a mug of beer...and crack it open into the beer..and see if they could chug it....I saw VERY few ever keep it down....was one hell of a funny sight!!! lol

Just for reference, if you need ever a definition of something that's "not right", see SirNukes post. That's disgusting. I've been drunk before, but I'm pretty sure I could still smell.
Speaking of bad smelling things, I was noticing an odd odor in my kitchen about a week ago. Couldn't figur eout what it was. I opened the pantry and smelled something a little stronger, but still couldn't see where it was coming from. Got a stool and it got stronger.
I found a plastic bag of onions from about 6 months ago. They had started to rot THROUGH the plastic bag, so as I picked it up, the juice spilled down the front of me. I almost threw up then. I had to spend about the next half hour cleaning it up while trying not to get sick from the smell. I wouldn't wish that smell on anyone. It's REALLY bad.
:cool:

being of filipino descent...i can attest that balut does look really disgusting. although...i didnt know they let them rot??!?!?! the ones ive eaten dont smell bad at all...weird. i always did have some inhibitions about eating them though...mmmm...i think ill go buy some right now though.

cjstringer said:
Just for reference, if you need ever a definition of something that's "not right", see SirNukes post. That's disgusting. I've been drunk before, but I'm pretty sure I could still smell.

CJ, ya gotta understand...when I was in the Phillipines, I was in the navy....and some of the guys I hung with then....well after you have been at sea for a while...and you get to shore and its party time....you get s*** faced...and your are really wound tight....and you get DARED to do something....well back then....some guys would do just about anything.....just to say.."I told ya I would do it!" many times that just made it that much funnier! we KNEW they were nasty...its why we dared the to eat them!! lol

:D

Drinking stories remind me of the a time I was camping with some friends for a weekend. On friday night we ended up pulling out a bottle of green label Beam. One of the guys decided it was time to chug the last 1/2 of the bottle. Well, within an hour, he was passed out. He didn't wake up until sunday around noon.
Alcohol poisining? Uhh, yeah, we were pretty sure that was what is was. The other problem we had, only 1 of the 7 of us was of age to be drinking. If we took him to the hospital we would have all gotten in deep sh*t. It got really freaky when the park ranger came around each night (both friday and saturday nights) and hung out for about a 1/2 hour each time. He asked who was snoring in the tent, and some of the excuses we had were pretty bad.
But, we never got in trouble, and we have some fun stories from the weekend. (This isn't even a quarter of the whole story)
Didn't mean to turn this into a drunken stories post..
:cool:

Back