Miata pics from my trip - WA, ID, MT [56k warning]

Darin

My wife and I took a trip this week, here are a few of the highlights..

First, indroductions: (from L to R) Darin and Mary

darinmarydam2.jpg

Rolled 140,000 miles on the trip - I bought the car 2 years ago with 79,xxx miles. :( Rolled 140 AT 140 - neat eh?

140mph.jpg

Hang on!
cornerboostsm.jpg

(EVERGREEN state, my ASS!)
drivingwheatfields.jpg

Near Newport, WA/Sandpoint ID

miatabridge3a.jpg

Crossing the line
miatamontana.jpg

Rolling the miles away...

miatawheel1a.jpg

North Cascades Highway
mountains3.jpg

Dirty

bugs.jpg

Fueled up at $2.33/gallon :(

daringasstation.jpg

Thanks for looking!

sweet man! hey how do you not hit your rev-limmiter on that 140mph run????your at like 7800 or somthing

Very nice pics. What camera are you using, I really like the way the color came out on some pics. Were any of these pictures Photoshopped to enhance or change anything?

Thanks guys - I use a cheapo Fuji Finepix2300. The pics were enhanced to fix saturation, sharpness, brightness etc... PS has 'Auto Colour', etc, tools which I used. I also edited the boost gauge (I don't have a turbo), and the speedo/tach (1st Gen Miatas have a 7200? RPM redline). :D

Wow, the wonders of Photoshop.
I had noticed that some pics had very nice saturation while others did not. Of course it would be silly to take 2 cameras.

Very nice pictures taken and edited, I gotta learn myself some of that (thumb)

Damn, as I've learned over the past two years, BigProbe... errrr... Darin... you really know how to use a camera!

Awesome pics as always!

On a side note, you drive that Miata around alot! ;)

Will

cbcbd said:
Wow, the wonders of Photoshop.
I had noticed that some pics had very nice saturation while others did not. Of course it would be silly to take 2 cameras.

Very nice pictures taken and edited, I gotta learn myself some of that (thumb)

A number of times, the saturation captured is a function of lighting - not just the camera :D

Thanks!

fastdrvr23 said:
Damn, as I've learned over the past two years, BigProbe... errrr... Darin... you really know how to use a camera!

Awesome pics as always!

On a side note, you drive that Miata around alot! ;)

Will

Thanks Will,

The Probe-Turbo sits and rots beside my driveway because nobody will buy it from me. :(

Beautiful pictures. I really miss the NW. :( The midwest has it's flavor, but it's much more bland than the mountains out there.
I'm gonna have to move back to Oregon..
Again, beautiful pics. Hope I can do some road tripping in my Miata.

Back