call me an ass...but

AbbyVonNormal

Keeper of Naughty Things
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda 3 (RIP Mazda P5)
I think all the moving of threads in the P5 section sucks.

This is just one mans opinion, but i thought i should express why i feel the way i do. I dont mean any disrespect of course.

I just feel that moving all the posts like that is pointless, and upsetting. I mean i dont click through every single topic on this forum see what everyone is doing to every car. I go to the P5 forum knowing that i am going to see threads made by only P5 owners. Whether it be a CF hood or whatever. I know without a doubt its P5 related.
Yes i know there are sections for Rims/Tires/Apperance/etc etc...but not only do i not check them every time i log on, the respose from those sections is no where near as much as it is in the actual "model" section.
Now it seems that there no point in having a P5 section...or an MSP section since everything will just be moved to somewhere else and i will have to through every singe topic to see new posts. I guess the only post allowed in the actual "model" related topic section would be HI...i just bought a new P5/MSP/MP3 or what have you.
It's just not user friendly and i dont see the point. I have other forums i frequent and it seems this is the only place that seems to make this an issue. Since it was never an issue before...maybe the massive modification kinda shocked me a bit.
But i am sure you all have reasoning behind this.
Thanks for letting me voice my opinion and as previously mentioned....this is just my opinion...this is not meant to start trouble or get anyone angry.

I dont mind it. I dont really make my way into the P5 or MSP forums ever. I stay in MP3, Performance, or FI.

Every once in a while i got into the msp and p5 sections and read some stuff id be pissed if i missed.

I havent seen to many threads moved, but the ones i saw, i probally would have never read if they weren't moved.

Being that the P5 is mechanicly identical to the 3rd gen sedan even very close to the MSP and MP3, means there are an insane number of repeditive questions. Organising that is not possible. Keep in mind mods have to think about searching a topic. If someone want to research and injen for the P5, the info they may want may be in the MP3 section. All areas will be prooned in the near future.

Because of this the performance section has become largely unused. Information is scared and searches are pointless.
Mergings are also needed. I also think merges on the section level are needed.

Actualy this was issue before. Sir Nuke did some house cleaning a while back and got the same response.

Why is there a refusal to fallow the forums sections? They are to your benifit. After all you are part of a Protege community not just a P5 community.

By your rational we should not have a FI, N02, Perfomance, Apperance, or car audio section. Just let all these questions stay on a per model basis. Even though these cars are largly the same.

Last edited:
So, I guess if you have a question about the hatchback/reargate(and ONLY the hatchback/reargate), the Protege5 forum is the place to ask about it. And if you have a turbo or LSD question, ask at the MSP forum. Otherwise your post will be moved?

Using this train of thought, you might as well just do away with both sections and merge them with the rest of the 3rd gens.

Last edited:
1st MP3 in NH said:
Being that the P5 is mechanicly identical to the 3rd gen sedan even very close to the MSP and MP3, means there are an insane number of repeditive questions. Organising that is not possible. Keep in mind mods have to think about searching a topic. If someone want to research and injen for the P5, the info they may want may be in the MP3 section. All areas will be prooned in the near future.

Because of this the performance section has become largely unused. Information is scared and searches are pointless.
Mergings are also needed. I also think merges on the section level are needed.

Actualy this was issue before. Sir Nuke did some house cleaning a while back and got the same response.

Why is there a refusal to fallow the forums sections? They are to your benifit. After all you are part of a Protege community not just a P5 community.

By your rational we should not have a FI, N02, Perfomance, Apperance, or car audio section. Just let all these questions stay on a per model basis. Even though these cars are largly the same.

Agreed....as you mentioned, the performance section is largely unused. So i can only assume that since it has been that way for some time now (correct me if i am wrong but it feels as if its been a long time since Sir Nuke did the change and it did not appear that the change was as large when he did it), i/we just feel into this habit.
So like i said, i know you have a good reason for the change...it just came as a shock when i logged on today and only saw this in the P5 section.

:D

eggynatey said:
So, I guess if you have a question about the hatchback/reargate(and ONLY the hatchback/reargate), the Protege5 forum is the place to ask about it. And if you have a turbo or LSD question, ask at the MSP forum. Otherwise your post will be moved?
Nope, Turbo in the FI section.
LSD in the Performance section.
Post those in the MSp sectin if they are not specificly about the MSPs turbo or LSD and they will be moved.

eggynatey said:
Using this train of thought, you might as well just do away with both sections and merge them with the rest of the 3rd gens.
Cleaning house indeed.
Were getting there :D

Keep in mind gents I see the other side too. I still have no idea why there is a seperate P5 and 3rd gen section. Or evena seperate MSP and MP3 section. All 4 can easily be combined effectily into 2 sections. The debate is which are combined.

If there were to be two forums it should be MP3,p5,protege's and a seperate for the MSP. The MSP have alot of difference compared to us.

paulmp3 said:
If there were to be two forums it should be MP3,p5,protege's and a seperate for the MSP. The MSP have alot of difference compared to us.
That is one possibility but the MSP ONLY has a turbo, wheels and ECU different the MP3.
Same suspension, brakes, engine, body ect.

I see that as a 50/50 either way

but seriously now, i like pauls suggestion.

Though the mp3s are special and have their own needs, the section appears to have an average of 5 posts per day.

I still like the idea of:

Mazda Special Edition (MP3 and MSP)
3rd gen(P5 and sedan)

Back