Interesting results from Mazdamp_18

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
He used his friends OBD II harness, laptop and OBD II software that they downloaded from the site they bought it from. He discovered some interesting things with his intake on. Here's the link. Funny thing is that my friend Subywan has had that very same OBD II harness for a while now and I haven't thought to use it. Mainly because we don't have a laptop.

His findings about the car running lean only with an into are very important. Especially the one about the car running extremely lean at WOT. Spoolin and chdesign please read the post in that link and tell us what you guys think.....;)

This is very very good and interesting. This would be great if we can get some fuel maps uploaded to the website in order for people to fine tune there cars......andhelp people wity standalone systems get what a base fuel map looks like and tune from that point instaed of making a whole new fuel map from scratch. Man I love this website:D

Well golly....All I need is a Windows capable laptop since I already have access to the OBDII harness and software. I'd love to get some maps for you guys.

Well I got the laptop(not sure of the power requirements but I'm sure mine's up to the task) but I don't know where to get the harness/software....couldn't a Mazda dealership provide us with this fuel mapping though for a price?

You could look up Subywan's Email addy on here and shoot him an Email to see where he got his OBD Harness from. Or you could ask Mazdamp_18 to find out where his buddy got his

were gonna make the fuel map for you guys on friday..... Oh and another interesting thing is that out Fans come on at 176 degrees... my friends subaru dosent turn the fans on until 196 degrees....

Back